PF6 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/23/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Pretty standard dreadnought guitar. Only feature it really has is the gold plated hardware, looks great with gold colored strings spruce top, mahogany body. Sounds great from heavy to extra light strings, so you will be happy regardless of your preference.
 8.5
 9.2
 7.8
 4,864
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
PF6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 23, 2004

Features: This is your basic low-end acoustic guitar. Not sure when or where it was made. It has twenty-one frets and a laminated spruce top. The neck, back, and sides are mahogany. Gold-plated tuners are a nice touch, and although they are cheap, they do their job well. Standard dreadnought body. Didn't come with any accessories. // 8

Sound: My friends have picked this up and played it, then commented on how much better it sounds than their guitars that they paid twice as much for. It projects extrememly well and won't get drowned out very easily. Surprisingly exceptional sound considering the relatively cheap body construction. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was well set up except that the action was a little high. That would have been awfully messy to adjust on this guitar so I just dealt with it. This being my first guitar, it caused me a lot of pain for the first few weeks. Now however, I can play just about anything because I'm used to it. It shouldn't cause problems for any experienced players though, since it's not that bad. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It only has the one strap button, like most acoustics, but that one isn't going anywhere. The tuners and bridge are still in great shape after some heavy playing. The finish isn't bad. It scratches and dents fairly easily, but it doesn't affect the sound at all. Just don't go banging it into walls or dropping pitch pipes on it and you'll be fine. // 10

Overall Impression: When I went to buy this guitar, I bought it solely on the Ibanez name, the price, and the salesman's reputation. However, now that I know a lot more about guitars, if I had the same amount of money to spend, I'd still buy the same thing. It's great for playing anything from campfire songs to harder stuff. I've played my friend's Fender acoustic (not sure what model) and although his was a little easier to play, the Ibanez PF sounds better. It looks nice, although plain. Overall, it's an excellent starter guitar or road guitar. // 10

Comments