TCM50 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TCM50

Purchased from: Sam Ash

My style is kinda bluesy, reggae, punk, ska, with some Jack Johnson and Ben Harper thrown in and this guitar has lived up to my expectations. I pretty much keep it straight acoustic, but when I do plug into an amp it sounds more like an eletric then an acoutic. Most of the sound you get from it is very full mid range, but use Dean Markley Alchemy strings and they give the guitar the right sound by bring it up and making it a little more brighter.

I have been playiing for about a year and 4 months (I have had it for 1 year). I own 3 other acoustics and one Charvel. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would buy another a.s.a.p. I love the look of the guitar I has a very unique look to it. I don't hate anything about it, it doesn't show dirt which is a plus and it is a very high quality for the price. I wish it had a bulit in tuner that would make life easier. The only other thing I would like to mention is I named it Jolene.

My guitar has withstood a lot of live playing and the hardware is very durable. The finish is soild I chipped a little bit of it, but I dropped it on the ground. The strap buttons I have had to tighten, but once you tighten them they stay. I depend on this as my main guitar when I play and I would be crazy never to bring a back to a gig, but if I could with this guitar.

The guitar I bought was sitting on the wall for a couple of months so it got a little beat up, the only real complaint I have it the neck it completely lined to the body, where the neck meets the body the neck is over too much so the body sticks out a little bit. I don't know if it just my guitar that this happened to. You'll have to see yourself. The action is a right in the middle not to low but not high for me it is perfect.

This is a new model for 2003 from the talman series like most Ibanez guitar it was made in China. Comes with 20 frets, crome hardware, and a rosewood bridge and fretboard. The top is made of Ash and the back, side, and neck are made of mahogany, high gloss Vintage brown sunburst finish. It has a two band E.Q. (Bass, Treble, and volume comtrol). The pick-up is a AP2 Magnetic Soundhole pickup which makes it sound more like an eletric. It is a double cut-away body, very pretty to look at, I have had alot of comments on how nice it looks.