TCM50 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TCM50

Purchased from: George

My music style is almost everything exept country and this guitar suits it like a dream! I am usig a Marshall MG15CD (I know it sucks, getting a Carvin MTS 3212 soon) and a Boss ME-50 (I don't bother with the effects board when I use it I just hook in straight into the amp). This guitar has a rich sound. Not as rich as a drednought but rich none the less. This guitar can do what ever you want it too, you just have to know what your doing.

I love this guitar! I've been playing for 4 years and this is the best acoustic I've used. I own 2 other guiats a Fender American Stratocaster and a Ibanez Jem from '97. I have a Boss ME-50 and a cry baby wha and a Marshall MG15CD amp. The only thing I wish this had is locking tuners but I'm gonna get them when I get the cash. If this where stolen I would kill the person who stole it I would probably buy a Taylor Grand Aditorium cut-away accoustic then re-buy this one. I love everything about it except that it shows dust and fingerprints like you wouldn't beleive! I bought this guitar because I love the sound and the shape of it is amazing. I can't stand the shape of a drednought.

This thing will last for a long time, probably until the day I die. It's reliable.

Everything was fine except for 2 things. The intonation is a little off (have to get the bridge moved by my luithier) and when I got the guitar It had a dent in the finish under the bridge but I don't know if it was like that when it came off the truck or when I got it but that was fixed when I exchanged it for a new one, besides that its perfect.

This guitar was made in 2004 in China. Thin mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard. Pearl dot inlays and 20 medium jumbo frets. 25 1/2 scale and 9 1/2" radius. Laminated ash top with a Vintage brown sunburst gloss finish. Mahogany back and sides. Single cut-away body (Talman shape) and a Ibanez Advantage Plus bridge. Active electronics. 3 band EQ (trebble, bass and volume). One Ibanez AEQ200M magnetic pickup. Standard Ibanez tuners.

Ironmanhimself
    sounds to me like an mg15 and an me-50 could sound just fine, especially given the whole set-up. Don't be a douche because you're a gear snob, let him enjoy making music.
    forwhomthebells
    I own it and love it too bits BUT when i got it there was a we dent near the pick up but un noticble.
    Dr.Jazz
    Every gutiar should have a name, i have a Deluxe Strat called Sasha, a Squier called Samantha and banjo called Jo lol, people who's guitars don't have a name are just crap lol