TCY10 Talman review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TCY10 Talman

Purchased from: Brook Mays Music Store

This doesn't really suit my music style which is punk. The amp I'm using is a 10 watt (yes, I know) Troubadour IBZ10A. I'm using no effects. It's not noisy unless you crank the volume and treble way up (which I have done before). It sounds good plugged in and unplugged. Please note that my first guitar sounded like crap, the wood was rotted, and the strings were far apart from the wood. This is only my second guitar. Compared to my first guitar, this sounds like heaven!

Like I said earlier, I am a punk rocker. Not really a good match, but it's still a nice guitar. I'm planning to buy a Jackson soon. If it was stolen, I would be so f--kin' mad but I wouldn't buy it again. I love the look, I love the sound. I hate that I am so stupid to get so many scratches on it.

This guitar would be a good one to play live. The strap buttons are pretty solid. I reccomend a locking strap (that's what I have) so the strap will have a firm hold on the button. I personally don't take very much risks. I would have a backup guitar if I were playing live. But yes, I can depend on it. I have had this guitar for 7 months now, and I play it all the time. The only thing wrong with the finish now is that it has tons of scratches on it, since I am so clumsy.

No mistakes that I've found. The frets don't lock, so I have to tune it every other day.

This guitar is an acoustic/electric and it was made in China. It has 20 frets with a pearl dot inlay. It has a spruce top and mahogany wood. It has a gloss blue finish which I really love. The controls are volume, treble, and bass. It has Die Cast (CH) tuners. I got my guitar in a pack, so it came with alot of accessories. It came with a tuner (quik tune, which was a peice of crap), a chord, and polish + rag.

damgram
    Price Paid : 180 Pros : Amazingly full- toned considering its body size and depth. The double cut-a-away feature makes playing high up on the fret board easy, and also makes the guitar look pretty damn original. I'd recommend Light-gauge (10s or 11s) strings if your planning on letting the guitar be as bright as possible. Cons: the pick-up input nut tends to come loose, meaning that the input falls into the body of my guitar, so I have to remove all the strings and then fix it, which is somewhat annoying, and there is ocassionally a slight buzz on the strings, if they're older than about a month. As well as this, the feedback that comes hand in hand with a semi-acoustic can get overpowering when playing loud gigs. Overall, I'd be pissed if it broke. Seriously pissed.
    EnyoAdonai
    I played this guitar at one of the local shops. It was black. It's a very interesting guitar, the body is just heavy enough so that it doesn't neck dive on you, it feels very balanced. I haven't played that many acoustic guitars though because I mostly try out the electric gibsons and fenders