TCY10 Talman review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TCY10 Talman

Purchased from: Craigslist/Pawn Shop

The sound is on the warmer side (great to me; not so keen on brightness). It sounds very full, and though I never really push it's limits, the guitar can get pretty loud. It's incredibly good compared to other acoustics with this style body (for example, the cheap-sounding Fender Stratacoustic). It definitely outdoes similarly priced acoustics (MSRP-wise, I'm talking about). Works with my style (a very general style). Radiohead songs sound awesome on it with or without an amp.

I gotta say, I'm really impressed with this guitar. Very versatile. Been playing it for 6 months, hasn't let me down one bit (the Ernie Ball strings, however, are a different story). If stolen, I would pay the ransom to get it back XD In a nutshell, it's not only the best-looking guitar I've ever owned, but it's also Acoustic.

Really durable. I managed to put a tiny chip in the headstock by droping it onto concrete, but it's so small (and sharpied), I really never notice it. Heck, I didn't remember that happened until I began writing this review. The guitar's inner body is seriously firm and solid. Strap buttons solid, will never put another one on it. I'd definitely us it in a gig (even if for the looks alone). Doesn't look like the gloss will wear off for a very, very long time (I wax my guitars).

Well, the setup was great. Intonation was fabulous and the glossy black finish is beautiful. I adjusted the already pretty low action, simply because it's my style. The tuners are amazing (never gets out of tune... ever). There seems to be a loose wire somewhere in the preamp system, but you can't tell unless it's shaken a lot.

- Manufactured in Korea in April 2008 - 20 frets, rosewood fretboard and bridge - Solid spruce top, neck and body are mahogany - Strat/Ibanez Talman style. Tele style bridge - 2-band EQ preamp (9V battery powered) w/ Ibanez Piezo pickup, all on the side - mfr. chrome tuners - came with extra pins and bridge, as well as an allen wrench for truss adjustment