V70 Review

7.8
 3,656
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
V70 Reviewed by: LauraGrace, on november 25, 2009

Features: To be honest I'm clueless as to what year it was made. It was made in China. Has got 20 frets, the neck is quite thin and made of Mohogony. The fret board is made of Rosewood, as is the bridge. Body style is dreadnought. Steel strung. Assesories it came with is just a strap. // 8

Sound: Suits my music style very well, I like to play acousic some louder and more powerful, some quieter and more subtle this guitar is brilliant for both. If you intend to play lots of melodic 'picky' songs then I might advise guitar with a wider neck and fretboard but I find this perfect for chords. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't get it form a manufacturer so I can't comment on manufacturers quality, however, when I received this guitar which was well used for about 4 or 5 years it was in very good condition so I'd say it's pretty sturdy. The only finish flaws on it currently is minor damage on the body done by the previous owner which is hardly noticeabe. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can imagine it would be good for an intimate unplugged gig, but I've never had it rigged up to a mic so I can't comment on how that will sound. The strap buttons and hardware seem nice and solid. I would depend on it, other might be more sceptical and prefer not to take the risk but I'd feel pretty confortable without a backup. The finish seems really good, nice gloss on the body and the fret board has no signs of wear after 5 years. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said earlier, this guitar suits my style of music. I've been playing for about 5 years or so and my other Acoustic guitar is a Yamaha C-315 which I tend to use for 'picky' songs as it has a wider fret board. If I were to lose this guitar I would try and get the same model and would be dissapointed if I couldn't do so. // 9

Comments