V70CE review by Ibanez

Ibanez: V70CE

This guitar was made in China and it has a very nice, black finish - although because it is shiny and black, dust and fingerprints show up a lot on it. It has twenty frets and the neck and body were in very good shape when I got it. The control panel allows you to control the bass, treble, and volume and it has a battery light that glows when the battery is low, which is nice. It doesn't have a built in tuner, but I have my own tuner so that wasn't a big deal for me. The only thing I don't like about how it looks is that dust and dirt from fingers and stuff do show up quite a bit on it.

I like to do fingerpicking and country music and I think that this guitar does that very well for me. The amplifier I use with is a Fender Champion 20 and it works ok with it although the metal settings for the voice don't sound as good as the other settings. It has a very rich, full sound and I like that a lot about it - with the amplifier it can do reverb, delay, and a wah effect. It doesn't have a whole lot of different effects, but it's an acoustic guitar that I use for country and quieter music mostly, so I wasn't really looking for a lot of effects anyway. This guitar, however, does occasionally buz a little bit, but not very much and not very often.

This guitar was put together rather well and everything seemed in place and adjusted properly. I spotted no problems with it at all in that aspect. The set-up was good, the pickups were well adjusted, everything about it was perfect. There were no loose tuning pegs or controls, which I have had problems with in my other guitar a little bit sometimes, and everything seemed very good and ready for use. I didn't have to do anything to get it ready to play, I just pulled it out of the box and I was good to go. In terms of how it was put together, fit, and finished - it was very well done.

This is a good guitar that I think will probably hold up very well over long periods of time and a lot of playing. The strap buttons are nice and solid and I think that it is very dependable. If I went to someplace to play it in front of a crowd I think that it would probably be fine without a backup. The finish has lasted well so far and I have used this guitar quite a bit. I accidentally scratched it in a few places, but it doesn't show up too much on the finish. So overall, I think that this is a durable, well made guitar that will last for a while.

I play country music and fingerpicking mostly and this guitar works very well for that. I've been teaching myself guitar for about two years and own one other guitar, a Matao, a capo, a footrest, and a Fender amplifier - the capo easily fits this guitar and the amplifier does a pretty good job together with it as well. If I were to lose it, I think that I would buy it again although maybe in a different color. I really love the sound that it gives out and it's easy to slide on the neck to make chord transitions so that's good. I think the only thing I really don't like is how much everything shows up on the finish and it's a little hard to get the dust out in-between the strings near the bottom of the guitar.

jeffo46
    I just scored one of these yesterday on CL for only $75.00 used and I discovered that if you use 12's or higher , the tinny sound won't show up as much. Heavier strings will give this more of a deeper tone when unplugged. Plugged in, it sounds great. best 75 bucks I ever spent.