V72ECE review by Ibanez

Ibanez: V72ECE

Price paid: € 190

Purchased from: Musicstore

This guitar was bought to play in my church, so Praise & Worship are the main styles to play... And its pretty much doing its job with good sound. I am playing directly to the sound mixer, so no big magic happening, but it sounds good, even with its raw sound, No noises to talk about, its as a rich and full sound, very balanced.

This guitar has been giving me a good playability, the action is not really hard, and the sound is good, when plugged. The price is fair, and is one great choice when choosing in this price range, better then Fender CD 60 and Epiphone acoustics.

I always play live with this guitar, and nothing to complain so far. All the hardware seems to be durable. The finish quality may last some years, it depends of how you use it, but I think it may start showing some wear after 2 or 3 years of intense playing. Overall, its seems this guitar is good to take some punishment, but it could be better...

When I took it out of the box, the strings were way to high to play with confort, but I managed to get it lower. The string set that came was really bad, and had oxide, lots of hit... But it looked like everything was well in place, not much to say about it. The guitar looks all aligned, no finish flaws, but it could have a better top finish.

This guitar was made in 2009, in Indonesia. It as a standard scaled neck, made of Mahogany, with a rosewood fretboard. The top of the body is made of laminated spruce, sides and back are made of Mahogany. My guitar came in black satin finish. This model has a dreadnought body style, with a nice cutaway. It has an Ibanez AEQ200T Preamp 2-band EQ and Volume, and with built-in tuner. The guitar comes with a bag and a strap.

raittarian
    I have this guitar and it's actually better than most acoustics that I've played. Excellent for the price.
    Hudson Manuel
    ibanez tuners work only when u connect it with a chord wire. Try just inserting the wire in guitar without connecting with amp. This should work
    xltedi
    I have this guitar and I like to use Rosewood bridge pins. Pins that match my bridge and with that I like this guitar even more. After long long seraching through music shops, and playing it for 4 years now for me she is simply the best in this price range. It is known (google it) that: The wood pins don't add much weight to the guitar so they don't dampen the tone the way brass ones do. Wood pins are also much harder than the plastic pins so they make it easier to string your guitar the right way, and if you don't string it the right way they still help it sound better than the plastic. So with wood pins you get some of the benefits of the plastic and the brass. The best of both worlds.
    SpinalFan
    I have this guitar. I've played MANY acoustic guitars, and this one has been the best. The price is right for the sound it produces, though the action in higher frets isn't spectacular (can be modified easily). I recently had my tuning peg mounting screws strip, though the guitar is not very old. I can ONLY blame myself for the very few nights I've left it in my vehicle. My issue may be a manufacturing defect, but my actions surely weren't good for it. Fixed ASAP, back in action. Would like to purchase another acoustic, but would never consider getting rid of this one.
    Stalk027
    I have this guitar and i'm very pleased with it. It has a good rich and deep sound. I got the Blue sea-style finish and it looks amazing. Good guitar for its price range.
    sundarraj
    recently i have brought this. I have an issue with the tuner. My tuner only works wen it is connected to amp. But My feel is that it shud work without connecting to the amp??? am i rite??
    rickydippy297
    just bought this guitar,can anyone tell me what are the right size/gauge strings to suit this guitar,cheers