JG-10 NL review by Jack & Danny

Jack & Danny: JG-10 NL

Price paid: £ 109.99

Purchased from: eBay

For a budget guitar, the sound is excellent. I bought it as a backup to my Crafter jumbo acoustic, and found very little difference in the sound quality between them. The EQ on the preamp is very responsive and provides excellent control over the output when plugged in, the overall sound is everything I ever needed of it with no need for any effects to fill the sound out. I just plugged the guitar directly into the PA system and it sounded great straight away.

I only chose this guitar because of it's price when I was shopping around for a backup to my main acoustic. Considering how cheap it was, my expectations were extremely low but it very quickly took up the position as my first choice guitar. I'm still happy with it. I'd definitely buy another and I'd recommend Jack & Danny to anyone looking for a cheap but good quality guitar.

I initially purchased this guitar to use as a backup to my main acoustic (a Crafter Je18-n) when I was playing in an acoustic duo, gigging several times each month. I liked this guitar so much the Crafter often ended up being the backup guitar with this one doing the bulk of the work. Although I'm not gigging anymore, this guitar has never let me down & 5 years later everything is still working as well as it was the day I bought it.

The setup of the guitar was generally spot on. The intonation was fine with no fret buzz or any identifiable issues. 5 years later it's still in the same condition so it's obviously well built. It's only dropped a point because of some slight imperfections in the varnish on the head of the guitar. The body and neck of the guitar, including all the fretwork are all faultless.

Purchased in about 2007, this guitar was an excellent specification for the money. All the usual EQ/volume controls you get with an electrocoustic, solid spruce Top, mahonany body, rosewood fretboard and even a fitted hard case. Considering a hardcase like that on it's own would often cost over half the total price I paid, it's hard to take find any reason to mark it down in this area. I don't know what make the tuners etc are, but 5 years later they're all still working as well as the day I bought the guitar.