JG-10 NL review by Jack & Danny

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Jack & Danny: JG-10 NL

As you probably know, you can play whatever genre of music you want with any instrument you want. But still, if you judge this guitar as a cheap acoustic guitar, then it suits acoustic songs pretty well, it's okay for rock and metal ballads too. With bronze, medium size strings, then the guitar has a tone that is somewhat between warm and bright. Requires no amp. If you like to play solos with an acoustic guitar, then I must admit, that this guitar is ok for that, but it's better for rhythm stuff, because it's uncomfortable to play behind the 15th fret. However, it's not too hard to get pinch harmonics out of this guitar.(yeah I know, I sound like a pinc-harmonic-freak).

Overall, it's okay for rock, acoustic, some metal (where the acoustic parts are played), some beginner jazz, and some classical. Also okay for some blues. I have been playing this with guitar, borrowing it from time to time, for a couple of years. If I'd be a beginner, had bought this guitar, and it would become lost/stolen, then I'd consider buying a new one. Other than the relatively short life of the nut and bridge, and not having a cutaway, there nothing to hate about this guitar, because it's good for a cheap guitar. The neck is quite comfy, the sound is good for a cheap guitar.

This guitar will withstand live playing, even though, as I mentioned earlier, the nut, the bridge and tuning pegs are prone to wear out after some time, the guitar is durable enough to withstand live playing, whether you play out on a street to earn some cash, or play on a stage in pub/club. The strap buttons are quite solid. You can depend on it, and use on a gig pretty much without any backup. The finish though seems less durable. Over the years of my playing with this guitar, the finish on the body of guitar has pretty much withstanded my peaying, but the finish on the neck of the guitar has started to come off at some frets.

The factory set-up was okay, I didn't notice any BIG flaws. The only thing that is not really well, that the nut and bridge are made of, I think, comparatively soft, not very durable plastic. If you play a lot, then the bridge and the nut tend to REALLY wear out, and some cracks appear after some time. But then again, it's easy to fix. And yeah, there is a little flaw with tuning pegs - after prolonged use (roughly a few years) they wear out too. The metal used to make those pegs is probably a little to soft too. But then again - for a cheap guitar, it's quite okay. The action is only about 0,5 cm or about a 1/5 of an inch at the 12th fret.

Don't really know, when and where was it made, but I must admit, that it's a pretty ok guitar for the cheap ones. It has 20 frets, 14 of them are easily accessible. The guitar is solid top (I think), without a cutaway. No electronics, just a simple Acoustic guitar. I dunno, was the gig bag with the guitar, or bought separately, but I think that it most likely came WITH the guitar. The gig bag is quite simple, it's made out of cloth, it also has 1 zipper. It's not much, but enough to carry this guitar here you need to.

Rocknrolla35
    Shit,i guess i should have put it into the "Other" model category. The pic is totally different from the Jack&Danny that i have borrowed from my friend.