K2TRD Review

manufacturer: Kona date: 02/21/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Kona: K2TRD
Thin Body Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Guitar. Red finish with a white pinstripe down the back. I love the sound - I use this guitar to play everything pretty much.
 6.8
 3.6
 3,726
review (1) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
K2TRD Reviewed by: christinaayers, on february 21, 2012

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: Thin Body Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Guitar. Red finish with a white pinstripe down the back. Nato Back and Sides. Laminated Spruce Top. Bound Rosewood Fretboard Rosewood Bridge and Fretboard. Transparent Red Finish. Die-cast Machine Heads. Full Binding on Body, Neck, and Headstock. Has gold finish on the tuning pegs. Active Pick-up System and 3-band EQ. 20 frets, thin neck and body very easy to play. It came with 2 pick guards and Kona cleaning cloth. Can be plugged into amp and has a equalizer on side to change the tone and volume if you plug it into the amp. // 10

Sound: It has a equalizer on the side so I change tone and volume. It has a higher pitch then a regular acoustic its not as loud as an regular full body acoustic but you can plug it into the amp if you want it to be louder but I think its loud enough without the amp. I love the sound I use this guitar to play everything pretty much. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only flaw I could find on this guitar is that the strings that came on the guitar would stain your finger nails black. I play with my fingers and nails for picking and after a hour of playing I notice my fingers had a black stain on them which I found odd I never had strings do that before but I found no flaws on the guitar it self beside the strings that were on it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think it can withstand live playing I've been playing this guitar everyday for almost a year now and it still looks and sounds like it did the day I bought it.The finish looks amazing and the strap buttons are solid I have no problem with keeping a strap on it and I think it is a great guitar to bring on the road with you its thin and easy to take with you. // 10

Overall Impression: I play acoustic/folk and indie/alternative rock. I've been playing guitar for 3 years. Yes I would buy this guitar again I love it! I did shop around I wanted a red thin body guitar and this one was the cheapest one I could find I looked around for months and at music stores they wanted $250 and up for a thin body and I'm so happy I bought the Kona one I really love this guitar. // 10

More Kona reviews rating category latest review
+ KE2SB 8.1 Acoustic Guitars 12/10/2014