FL650 Fandango review by Kremona

Kremona: FL650 Fandango

Purchased from: Skip's Music

I play mostly classical repertoire, flamenco rip-offs, and acoustic madness spawned from the void in my head. It plays all of the above very well. The signal can get quite harsh, but only if you crank the Treble and Brilliance all the way up. However, when you tweak it the right way, it has an amazingly rich and full sound. Damn me to guitar hell if you wish, but I plug this into my Line 6 Spider II 112 amp. It sounds incredible! Especially when you turn the reverb all the way up. Harmonics come quite easy and "sul tasto" playing sounds particularly warm.

With this guitar I play classical repertoire, esoteric Folk, and other musings. It plays everything exceedingly well. My other guitar is an electric Yamaha EG112C. My amp is my Line 6 Spider. I've no regrets with this guitar; it's everything I want thus far. If it were stolen, I would paste my guitar's picture on telephone poles and fences everywhere (there's no Amber Alert for guitars). I love its rich and warm sound, and the fact that its electronics allow much tonal freedom (the cutaway kicks ass too). I've played other classical guitars before, and they didn't have the cutaway or the dynamic sound quality that this guitar has. A steal in my opinion.

This guitar has stood up to live playing with no problems, with the hardware never being a cause for concern. There are no strap buttons to speak of, so why worry about them? I can depend on it and have used it without a backup with no foreboding feeling looming in the back of my mind. Like I said, the finish seems quite thin, but it's not like I headbang while playing this bad boy.

The guitar had no flaws in its mint state; it played like a dream from the beginning. The action was quite normal and the pickups were exactly as I needed them. No structural problems whatsoever. The finsh, a high gloss, was done quite well, with the exception that it gets damaged a tad easier than I would like.

Made in Bulgaria 2004, this cutaway nylon-string acoustic guitar is quite cool. It has the wide neck typical of classical guitars, and has and spans 18 frets. It has a solid spruce top, back and sides of walnut veneer, gloss finish, and a rosewood fingerboard. It has an active Fishman Classic 4 pickup which has controls for: bass, treble, mid, volume, and brilliance. Straight up meet and potatoes setup.

Fecker
    Haha Kremona FOR THE WIN! Being Bulgarian, I know these guitars quite well... but still I had no idea you can get one outside BG heh and I guess they sell the crappier models to us and export the good stuff
    Kaona
    I agree with most of Shredalist's comments though I can't seem to get a great acoustic-electric sound from my admittedly rock-oriented amp. As an acoustic, it's construction is well, if hurriedly, made (I had to carefully polish some rough fret ends on the 1st string side in the lower positions.) Also, I wish it had a little more depth in the bass tones (maybe Kremona's solid walnut body model might have more.) On the plus side, the unusually braced pale solid Carpathian spuce top has a beautiful ringing sound like the Appalachian spruce used in classic American guitars. Resonant treble and mid-bass sound with sustaining overtones make me want to play and play - what more can you ask from an under $400.00 guitar?
    john_wood12
    Fecker, I beg to differ. I've only had the best experience with Kremona. I bought my latest guitar from Guitar Solo in San Francisco, CA. It's a F650 model with a cedar top and indian rosewood back and sides (http://kremonausa.com/?model=23&main=7&s... ) It has a very warm and deep sound. The neck is very comfortable for playing and I strongly recommend Kremona to anyone looking for a high-quality handmade European guitar at a reasonable price.