OM-05 review by Larrivee

Larrivee: OM-05

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

A truly a amazing sounding guitar. This guitar is very conducive to my music style and produces the most outstanding sounds, with bass and treble that is very blended together, I play mostly blues and kinda pop I guess you can say, I know your saying isn't this a fingerstyle guitar more than just strumming a chord well that's what I love about this guitar its very versatile so I can go from strumming to fingerpicking and in both cases it truly stands out. In comparison to a few other guitars I tried out, such as the Martin Eric Clapton, and the 000-28V this guitar was my choice and was a few bucks less to!

Amazing truly amazing, it's like pepperoni you've got the meat the cheese and the sauce and it all goes together and if your a the hawain I like pineapple on this pizza than this guitar isn't for you, no this guitar will suit everyone, anyone, any music and is very beautiful.

Reliability? Amazing, very durable and reliable with proper care this guitar can last past your life and to your kids life through to your grand kids lifes, taking for granted that you take care of the guitar, after all this is a solid wood constructed guitar and the climate needs to be proper for guitar to thrive. I can depend on this guitar! Finish is beautiful, a little fact you should know is that 05 series guitars are hand made in the good oll USA, and Jean, his wife Wendy, his son Matthew and daughter Christine all work in the California plant producing the gloss finish guitars. Which this guitar is, while Jean's other son John Jr. runs the Canadian plant which produces the satin models.

The guitar factory set-up was pretty good, I mean a few buzzing here and there but nothing that can't be fixed up. The top was properly bookmatched and you can't see nothing, the two woods were properly set, the bridge was properly routed and is also set perfectly. Guitar contained absolutely no flaws. The bracing is properly aligned, the frets were properly filed, no finish flaws, nut nicely cut, everything is perfect on this beautiful angel of mine.

- All solid wood construction - Single piece mahogany neck - Canadian sitka spruce sound board & bracing - African ebony fretboard & bridge - Canadian maple multi-strip body binding - Mahogany back & sides - Symmetrical parabolic x-bracing - Hand fit dovetail neck joint - Abalone rosette - Pearl logo w/ sterling silver border - Ping tuners w/ black knobs (18:1 ratio) - Ivoroid fretboard binding - Larrivee custom beveled pickguard - Microdot fretboard markers - Limited lifetime warranty - Arch-top case.

Dr.Bluesman
    all Larrivee guitars are great. I have a D-03R, its awesome. I would love to try one of their new electrics too.
    Hatman
    have just bought a D-03RE and it's fabulous would recommend it to anyone regardless of style preference-sounds great in either acoustic or electric mode - fit and finish also great - happy days
    mikec_j
    Have had a D03r for 5 yrs now and love it will easily hold its own with Taylor or Martin
    shervey
    I had an OM-9 with angel inlayed in the headstock that was done by Larrivee's wife (she doesn't do that anymore). My ex-wife received that guitar when we divorced, but she was kind enough to get me a used L-10. She got it off of eBay for $1200, which is an unbelievably great price. IMO, Larrivee guitars have the best sound for the money - better than Martin or Tayor or even Goodall.
    Steve BP
    This little guitar sounds great -- a lot of volume in a small frame, and great tone. I bought an LV03re and have come to really appreciate Larrivee guitars.