000-16RGT review by Martin

Martin: 000-16RGT

I play a variety of music. Anything from Zepplin, Radiohead, The Beatles, Tom Petty, Kings of Convinience, The Strokes, John Mayer, Clapton, to bluegrass. It easily fits all my styles of playing. It's got a fantastic blues sound, sounds lovely strumming, and even better picking.

I play blues, bluegrass, alternative, Indie, and a lot of beatles acoustic stuff. Like I stated earlier, it fits all of my styles of playing. I've been playing for about 2 years now. This is my fourth acoustic guitar. I have a cheap Yamaha (my first), a Martin DCX1KE, and a Martin DM. I love this guitar and if it were stolen I'd definatley buy a new one (if I could find one, Martin recently discontinued the RGT and now only carries the normal GT). My favorite this about this guitar is it's sound. You just can't beat it. I chose this over other Martin Dreadnought styles and also the Taylor GA3. I wish it had block style MOP inlays but other than that nothing else.

I have yet to buy any electronics for it, so I haven't had the chance to play Live. I imagine it would though, it's a sturdy guitar. It's perfect for recording though with it's amazing sound. The finish has held up so far and after a year you can't even see any scratches.

Action, Fit & Finish:The action is amazing, even before it was setup at the store. After the setup though, (from a certified Martin technician), it was unbelievable. Extremely low and has no buzz what'soever. The finish was beautiful and flawless like most US made Martins.

I believe it was made in 2006 (in the USA of course). Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint Body Size: 000-14 Fret Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Rosette: Bold Herringbone Top Bracing Pattern: 0001 Hybrid Top Braces: 1 Style/Scalloped Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood Back Purfling: none Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood Endpiece: White Boltaron Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron Binding: White Boltaron Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black / White Side Inlay: none Back Inlay: none Neck Material: Select Hardwood Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Nut Material: White Corian Headstock: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Standard Taper Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil Logo Heelcap: Solid East Indian Rosewood Fingerboard Material: Black Micarta Scale Length: 25.4'' # Of Frets Clear: 14 # Of Frets Total: 20 Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 11/16'' Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8'' Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 Fingerboard Binding: White Boltaron Finish Back & Sides: Satin Finish Top: Polished Gloss ; Sunburst available at additional cost. Finish Neck: Semi Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain Bridge Material: Black Micarta Bridge Style: 1 Style Belly Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8'' SADDLE: Compensated White Tusq Tuning Machines: Chrome w/ Small Knobs Recommended Strings: Martin MSP 100 Light Phosphor Bronze Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots Pickguard: I-02 Tortoise Color Case: 330 Hard Shell Interior Label: Paper Label