000C-16GTE review by Martin

Martin: 000C-16GTE

How is the sound you ask? Pheomeninal. That sums it up. I've played Ovations, Parkwoods, Taylors, Gibsons, Alvarez, and other Martins. This one by far is way better. The sound is deep and rich and the fullness makes you loose your appetite. Taylors are stringy sounding, this Martin plays great across the board. You can here every note you play equally as well. It has a bright and comforting sound. But it can play fingerpicking, to much more dynamic music. I swear when you play it, you add like 3 years to your life span, thats how good it sounds. People cry when I play it, simply amazing. If there was a 15 for a rating, I would give a 20. Best guitar I've played.

This guitar works for every thing, death metal (just kidding), to Simon & Garfunkel. If some jerk stole it, I would definetly cry, then make sure the thief met my good freind the lead pipe, it would be a very interesting conversation! Not really, but the guitar is very valuable, I've mentioned I have never played anything like it. I would take a loan or two and buy another one. For the price, what you get is a little lacking. But well built soild-top guitars sound better with age. The wood's tone becomes better, making it a great investment, in fact I could sell it for higher because it sounds better than when I bought it. I've had since Christmas, its been great. I was very pleased being 16 and owning a Art & Luthrie Cedar guitar (very nice intermediate guitar might I add), and a Samick electric which plays like a Fender Strat! The guitars retail is about 3500, I got it for about 1200. not too bad. I will never purchase another aucostic again because I won't need to! the versatility and quality is pefect!

The guitar is made like tank (except not metal, and it doesn't weigh 20 tons). I play it live every sunday and sometimes saturday, it holds togheter great. I've accidentally bumped on a desk before, no scratch. The hardware is great, when I play I move around and swing my body, but the guitar holds toghether despite what I knock down in the process. However keep in mind it is made of wood so its not like bulletproof, if you know what I mean. I can depend on it all the time everytime.

Action is little high (opposed to ovations) so playing past the 14 fret can be a little difficult, especially the top 3 strings. The fret board makes it very easy to move around, it doesn't make that sound when you slide your fingers across the strings. Very nice. I play it with Martin light gauge strings (red box, they work well). The cut-away allows you to easily acess all frets, but if you have vienna-sausage fingers it might a little difficult.

This is a great guitar made in Nazareth Pensylvania (sorry bout the spelling). It has 20 frets and a really smooth fret board. I think it might be made of ebony? The wood is dark and totally flat. It's got a soild top (it's a Martin, with exceptions of the D-15). Has a one-peice back, it's brown (like the wood it's made of). The neck is not really skinny, or really fat, so medium is guess? It's got a concet body, which makes it really comfortable to play standing, sitting, upside down, etc. The finish is flawless, smooth, transparent, every you want. The bridge is nice, I don't really study bridges but it works, however it sets the strings a little high. It has a fishman pickup system which sounds wonderful, the selector board is definetly deluxe. It has all of the EQ stuff plus a phaser effect, and about 12 different tones you can manipulate. You have a really warm tone or for country a really twangy tone, it does everything! The tuner is chrome I think (it's silver and shiny). It pretty much tunes the guitar. However I've played it for like 3 hours and only need to tweak the g string a little, but every thing else was in tune.