DCX1E review by Martin

Martin: DCX1E

Purchased from: Sadek Music (Dubai)

I mostly play acoustic (James Taylor, John Mayer etc.) blues, alternative and a bit of rock and this guitar can do it all. It gives you that Martin tone with rich bass and crisp high notes. It's great both plugged and unplugged and can stand up on a crowd full of noise. It's a versatile guitar and can be used for any genre and style you want.

I've had this guitar for two years and I'd say it didn't disappoint me. Its sound is consistent, and can stay in tune for a long time. It wont fail your expectations of a great acoustic guitar. If this was lost I'd just buy another one. The things that I really like about it are its sound, build and durability. I'd recommend this for anyone who likes to have a Martin guitar with a budget. Hope this review would help you.

I'd like to say that this is a reliable workhorse guitar. I've brought this to the airport with just a soft case and when I picked it up when I arrived it didn't have any changes on its sound and he hardware lasts for a long time.

The guitar is built real solid. The body feels just right when you play and the neck is smooth for transitions. The only negative thing I noticed is the action, it was quite high (for me) but overtime you'll get used to it. There aren't flaws on its appearance and looks very good with it's satin finish.

Ok so this is Martin DCX1E Acoustic guitar, Made in USA. It has 20 frets total with a thin neck. The top material is solid Sitka spruce and HPL back and sides with Mahogany pattern. The fretboard is made of Micarta without inlays but with dots on the side and the finish is satin all over and it's a Dreadnought so it's quite big with a cutaway for higher fret access. It also has onboard Fishman electronics with volume, brilliance, treble and bass controls and a battery life indicator as well. It also has a strap button on the neck and another one on the end. Tuning machines are solid Martin as well.

omar.coria.773
    acabo de comprar una DCX1E y realmente la amo suena tan claro ,brillo y los bajos tienen una potencia para destacar.
    dannylee24
    Love the guitar but can't keep batteries in the Fisman tuner. Have had it in the shop several times, supposedly replaced the tuner, then all wiring and the jack, with no change in results. Tuner doesn't work well even with a new battery. NO RESPONSE AT ALL FROM MARTIN ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    shaerlin
    Can anyone tell me if The Jack for the guitar needs to be a symmetrical or a asymmetrical once?