DM review by Martin

Martin: DM

Purchased from: Craigs List

As I said, I fell in love the sound of this guitar while playing it a guitar center. This guitar really gives you the opportunity to get a great sound for a great price. Do I think it is worth the new price tag of $900usd. Absolutely not, however if you can pick this up used I would jump on the opportunity. I have found myself playing a lot more acoustic for songwriting and building up finger strength. This will not achieve the sound of an HD-28 but it can get you quite close for the price.

This is great for songwriting as you can take it anywhere and not always have to worry about getting an eviciton notice for playing your electric guitar too loud. I have owned three other acoustic guitars before, two beginning guitars and one Ibanez AEF-30. Needless to say this is by far the best acoustic I have owned. Yes there are better Martin's out there that I would die to have but I like to pump more money into my electric guitars and amps. For the price I paid I am extremely pleased with this instrument. If you want a good playing, nice sounding Martin, pick up a used DM.

I doubt I will ever have a problem with this guitar. I have a guitar tech I take all of my guitars to and he does a wonderful job with the setup and maintaining my investments. I believe this guitar will last me as long as I hold on to it without any unforseen incidents. There are a few knicks and knacks on the guitar but I love beat up and worn instruments. It really makes it more valuable for me.

This guitar was set up very well with the action a little high just the way I like it as I strum pretty hard. Playability wise it is perfect for me. The finish is, well, there is no finish. Nothing to write home about, but hey that's the part of the reason it is available at such an affordable price. The lack of finish kind of gives it a rustic feel and I welcome it.

Features, well this is a basic acoustic guitar with Solid spruce top, Herringbone rosette, tortoise-color pickguard, A-frame X-bracingm laminated mahogany back and sides, with morado fingerboard and bridge. My dream Martin has always been the HD-28 but the price is a little exobenent. I played a DM at a guitar center and I just feel in love with the tone. I was positive though that I was not going to drop $900 on an acoustic guitar, especially considering I primarily play electric.

sustain66
    I own and play the DM. Incredible guitars! Perfect balance of sound and playability...
    greg.andrew.77
    I've been playing gigs with my DM for years and it's never let me down. I have always used Martin strings on it, the main ones being Martin SP lights .012-.054. These suit me fine .
    ron.bigham.3
    I jst got my DM sounds real good but I thought of going to a lighter string , Martin makes some strings and Eric Clapton is endorsing them ! Can any body steer me in the right direction as far as 80/20 or 9/28 ?