DX1 review by Martin

Martin: DX1

Bar none, the best sounding guitar under $1000 and arguably better then many over. This baby has a full body sound on bass strings and clear yet unmetallic brightness on lower strings. You strum this guitar for the first time and it will blow your mind at the sound that comes out of this simply looking guitar.

I play acoustic rock/blues/and country and this guitar can do it all. Of course I don't think the the style of music you play depends much on the guitar you choose, but this guitar can do what ever your little hearts desire. I've owned Fenders, Epiphones and Ashlands and this Martin is my new best friend. This guitar is a great guitar for performance or recording. It's a precision instrument so I wouldn't recommend it for beginners who pound their guitars, it's just cruel to see a guitar like this being abused.

This guitar is made to last if you take care of it right. Like any guitar, maintnance is a priority. I bought this guitar as my main performance baby, so I don't leave it laying around unlike my 99 dollar guitars. I take really good care of it so I don't know if it can take a beating. But if your guitar is taking beatings, your not taking care of it right. Be gentle.

What can you say, its a Martin guitar. The action is easy and crisp, absolutely 0 adjustments were made to this guitar. Smooth fretboard, low and clean action very easy to play. The finish on this guitar is natural and absolutely beautiful. For acoustic players that really like to feel "acoustic," this guitar looks beautiful, sounds amazing, and even smells terrific if you keep it new and humidified.

The DX1 dreadnought acoustic blends the tonal character and volume of a solid spruce soundboard with the consistency, durability and reflectivity of a Mahogany pattern HPL back and sides with a textured finish. The result is a startlingly loud and projective sound at a softer, more comfortable price! Other features include a hand-rubbed finish top, a comfortable Low Oval neck shape, and 1-11/16" nut width.

Tedward
    played this at the store a couple hours ago, im pretty sure this is it. AMAZING sound, played really well for an acoustic, although not as well as another martin i tried. Oh and it was 10 times better sounding than the Gibson acoustic i tried. Literally.