DX1 review by Martin

Martin: DX1

The typical Martin Bright Tone very Clear and Projection is great I play Blues, Pop, Folk Rock, Acoustic Hippie, some Country usually just Acoustic tone...I mean they want morecharacters but it's just an Acoustic Guitar what else can I say? I think this Guitar will cover any Acoustical Task you throw at it and perform like a Champ.

After 40 years I decided to retire my 1970 Gibson Hummingbird, (I'm keeping it) it served me well... I wanted to change it up tonewise after all these years, so I decided on a Martin but was not willing to pay the Ridiculous prices for the "Classic" Martin Models... Then I found this guitar... I think the quality, sound playability rivals that of some guitars 2 to 3 times the price... If you are a guitar snob you won't like the Laminate concept or the made in mexico concept, but after playing for 46 years I've come to the conclusion all that stuff just doesn't matter if the guitar sounds good to you, feels good is well made, that's all that matters... I fell in love with this Guitar after 5 minutes of playing it. Playability I find the action and neck radius quite comfortable for me, The body dimensions feel more comfortable to sit and play than my Hummingbird did it's not as Boxey. The Acoustic Fishman pick up system is a nice feature that I wasn't even looking for so that was a bonus... For $500 bucks you are going to be hard pressed to find something better.

The Finish is kind of Interesting it's a flat finish but I think it's typical Martin Quality...so I don't foresee any real problems with it. Frets were fine as far as the installation of them no issues with the quality. I definitely would gig with this guitar. I can foresee no problems with reliability or wear with this guitar as long as you do proper Guitar maintenance.

Factory set up was the first Guitar (out of 30 ) that I didn't have to adjust the set up from the factory. The standard Martin Xbracing gives this a nice projecting sound. I don't have any issues with it out of the Box. It's a Martin you can't get any better Quality.

I just purchased this Guitar ...Mine says it was made in Mexico. Solid Sitka Spruce Top, HPL mahogany sides and Back, with a Fishman Pick up and the Martin X Bracing. Body style is a typical Martin Dreadnaught with no cutaways. No case is included. But you can get a nice hardshell plushlined for under $40.