M-16GT review by Martin

Martin: M-16GT

Purchased from: The Martin Guitar Company

I play a lot of punk and all the acoustic songs that I play sound very nice on this. I also play some Jack Johnson, John Butler and this deals with them very nicely. It is a very loud guitar if you play it hard enough and I seem to have no trouble annoying my flatmates just playing the acoustic with no amp.

As I said the punk music I do play on this sounds fantastic ranging from a very nice and soft sound and being able to play it quite loud but still very clear. If it got lost I might think twice about getting it but if I was more into acoustic guitar players then I defiantly would buy it.

This guitar could defiantly withstand live playing. I've been intending to get a pick up put into it so I can play it live but I've had the lack of $$$ to et it done but I play every day when ever I'm at home it's in my hand and it's still fine. The finish is very nice and will defiantly last for ages I give it a rub with guitar cleaner about once ever month and its great!

The action was high but after playing it for a few months my fingers got stronger and could cope with it. I had a girlfriend with a similar model and she couldn't deal with it and got the action lowered but I cope with it fine. The guitar was in great shape when I got it and besides a few scratches its in perfect shape still now.

- Made un USA - 20 frets - Gloss top - Scratch plate - Regular shape, sits on knee perfectly - The strings are string-thru body - Lock in tuneing - Came with hard carry case.