M-16GT Review

manufacturer: Martin date: 06/06/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. No bullshit ads, just news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Martin: M-16GT
M size body (formerly called 0000 size) for great tonal balance, solid mahogany back & sides, solid spruce top, scalloped braces, black binding, herringbone rosette, low oval neck, black micarta bridge & fretboard (25.4" scale, 1 3/4" nut) with pearl dot inlays, chrome enclosed gears. High gloss top finish, satin body & neck, tortoise pickguard.
 8.2
 8.8
 7.5
 1,258
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
M-16GT Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Purchased from: The Martin Guitar Company

Features: - Made un USA - 20 frets - Gloss top - Scratch plate - Regular shape, sits on knee perfectly - The strings are string-thru body - Lock in tuneing - Came with hard carry case. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of punk and all the acoustic songs that I play sound very nice on this. I also play some Jack Johnson, John Butler and this deals with them very nicely. It is a very loud guitar if you play it hard enough and I seem to have no trouble annoying my flatmates just playing the acoustic with no amp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was high but after playing it for a few months my fingers got stronger and could cope with it. I had a girlfriend with a similar model and she couldn't deal with it and got the action lowered but I cope with it fine. The guitar was in great shape when I got it and besides a few scratches its in perfect shape still now. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could defiantly withstand live playing. I've been intending to get a pick up put into it so I can play it live but I've had the lack of $$$ to et it done but I play every day when ever I'm at home it's in my hand and it's still fine. The finish is very nice and will defiantly last for ages I give it a rub with guitar cleaner about once ever month and its great! // 10

Overall Impression: As I said the punk music I do play on this sounds fantastic ranging from a very nice and soft sound and being able to play it quite loud but still very clear. If it got lost I might think twice about getting it but if I was more into acoustic guitar players then I defiantly would buy it. // 8

More Martin reviews rating category latest review
+ Performing Artist OMCPA1 Plus 9.5 Acoustic Guitars 10/07/2015