OM-28V review by Martin

Martin: OM-28V

Purchased from: Second Hand

The sound from this small bodied guitar is unbelievable. Not as loud as a dreadnought but so sweet. When playing blues (the reason I purchased this guitar) it sings. Rich full bass, twangy trebles when required. It's perfect. Words do not do the OM-28V justice. Try one.

This guitar can be used for any style of music but suits fingerstyle the best. Use it for blues, Robert Johnson, Clapton, Leadbelly etc and you will not want to put it down. Subtle well rounded bass, sweet singing treble. You must try one if you are after a fingerstyle guitar. This said take a pick and bash out some Neil Young and you find it handles that with ease too. Strumming is not a problem and the OM-28 can produce a loud sound for such a small body. As mentioned before I have a Taylor410 too. You cannot compare these two guitars as they have totally different sounds and uses. I will say this though I would buy another OM-28V if this one got knicked. I am not sure this is the case for the Taylor.

This guitar will stand up to most playing situations and I dare say it would handle some throwing around but it is certainly more delicate than my Taylor 410. This must be the case though as the sound of the Martin is much more subtle and delicate. This said I treat the OM with the upmost care as this is the best instrument I have had the pleasure of owning.

Beautifully made. Excellent craftsmanship. Only one mistake by Martin. When making a high end guitar why not fit the best tuners when you have made one of the best sounding and looking guitars. The Martin tuners were poor. So I took it upon myself to order some Waverely originals. Expensive but worth every penny to finish off this instrument. It is now perfect.

Made in 2005. Solid Sitka spruce top with Vintage toner, book matched Indian rosewood back and sides, bone nut and saddle, open backed butterbean Waverley original tuners(added by myself), d'addario light guage strings. This guitar was a bargin buy, not a mark on it. I don't think it had been taken out of the case. 2000.00 list price. Looks a stunner.