MT-4 review by Martinez

Martinez: MT-4

Price paid: A$ 400

Purchased from: Random Music Shop in Cairnes

Suits my style of playing very well. I generally will mic it up to my Marshall AS100D for gigging purposes, and both perform well together. Provides a great sound, tonally and dynamically, and has been extensive used, and suited, for both rhythm and lead guitar playing.

It felt like I stole this from the shop owner at the price I paid for it. I'm not knowledgeable in the Australian company of Martinez, but this guitar has been great for me since buying it in 2007, and will likely be great for me for a while to come yet. I heavily rely on this guitar, as my main instrument of use within various bands, and so I'd recommend anyone in trying it. If it was lost or stolen, I'd 100% be on the phone to the Australian Company to get one shipped back over to me in the UK! Or if worst came to worst, it wouldn't be too bad to go back there to get it again! This Guitar has found it's place at the top of my collection, which makes me wonder if I've wasted my money elsewhere, due to the price of this one and the reliability it's given me!

I can guarantee this Guitar as very reliable and durably, due to the fact it's spent most of it's life backpacking around different countries with me. It's never let me down, and even though it's had it's fair share of knocks and drops, it's still has a great finish that's only scratched lightly. Whilst backpacking, I performed for food and drink, using this guitar as my only option, so I know I can definitely rely on this guitar without a backup, although now I'm home, I won't been seen dead without at least one backup a gig!

The factory settings were better then I could have asked for. Whilst backpacking, I had no option of adjusting anything, and merely wanted a great sounding, great looking guitar for my travels. This provided it all for me.

Solid Top Dreadnought Acoustic Solid Cedar Top Zebrawood back & sides Natowood neck Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge Maple timber binding on neck and body Timber Inlay Soundhole Rosette Tortoise-shell printed pick-guard Diecast Gold Machine Heads with Pearloid buttons Came with Gigging Bag, Tuner, Picks and a strap. The owner of the shop felt sorry for me as I was backpacking and on a budget!

gibson2481girl
    i have a similar martinez with a cut out and i love it compaired to my freemdom accoustic with a cut out, the only problem is the differences between them. the martinez have raised strings so playing up high is a little different, of course it will take some getting used to but its more ideal for strumming
    dragenathan
    I have never heard of a professional musician using Martinez Guitars are you sure you are doing gigs or is this just another case of my guitar is better then yours because it's mine. I can only assume that because of the wrap that you are giving it you are trying to sell it. Every Martinez guitar I have played sounds and feels CHEAP and like I'm playing cardboard with strings. For the same money you can buy a great LAG or Epiphone and even Fender acoustic guitar