EM225C review by Maton

Maton: EM225C

Purchased from: Billy Hydes

Great natural sound - wonderful resonance and tone when played either plugged or unplugged. Sounds fantastic through both my Marshall Valvestate and Behringer V-Amps - easy yet precise adjustment courtesy of the AP4 pickup means that a variety of styles can be played with ease. Not the greatest guitar to fiddle around too much with effects units on, but then, how many acoustic electrics are? Having said that, now I've played it for a few months, it probably would've been worth spending the extra couple of dollars and getting an AP5 pickup for that little bit of extra adjustment power.

I play primarily rock music, and this guitar has been a great fit for many of the songs I play. I love that it sounds like a much more expensive guitar (having played Taylors and Martins), and certainly has an equal, if not better, build quality as these marquee brands. If anything happened to this guitar, I'd definently go with Maton again, however possibly a TE or Messiah series for the added features. One of the few things that sucked about it was paying the extra cash for a lefty - I wish companies would start taking care of the lefty and not charging us extra! But that's a general complaint - not specific to this guitar. Overall, a really good guitar at a decent price.

Having had the guitar for three months, I'm yet to notice any problems. It feels strong and holds tune fantastically, has only needed to be tuned two or three times despite pretty regular play. I'd totally trust this guitar for an acoustic gig, but wouldn't want to make it my only choice for a band situation - it works well in tandem with my Fender Strat though.

Perfectly made guitar - wood quality, build quality, setup and finish are spot on. Top is beautifully matched to sides and back, and everything feels tighter than.. well, tight! Maton are famed for their attention to detail, and this guitar is no different.

Solid Sitka Spruce Top, Queensland Maple back and sides. 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, natural finish, Maton's AP4 active pickup. Custom made left hand model with cutaway.

abdul.baroudi
    Hi, could you please tell me how you got this guitar so cheap, i havent seen it less than 1500 thanks. abdul.baroudi@gmail.com