EM225C review by Maton

Maton: EM225C

Purchased from: Guitar World

This guitar is perfect fo my kind of music (Bluegrass, fingerstyle, e.g Tommy Emmanuel), it has the natural sound projection that I need as a fingerstylist, boosting the volume of my playing immensely. I run this guitar through my Marshall AS100D, then to my 70MF400B Marshall cabs when I play Live. It has no buzz, unless the volume is boosted too high, and sounds exactly like an unplugged acoustic. Unplugged, it is very loud, and open chords on this guitar can project loudly enough through a medium sized room. The spruce top gives it a very full tone, perfet for all kinds of music, from Folk to rock.

I play Folk, bluegrass, jazz, blues, and fingerstyle, and this guitar covers them all, no sweat. It is a very good all round guitar, able to play many different styles of guitar. I have been playing for 10 years now, and this is probably my favoured acoustic. I also own a Taylor 910, a PRS 513, a PRS Paul Allender Signature, a Gretsch White Falcon, and an Ibanez RG1520G, and my Maton is only topped by the White Falcon. If it were stolen, my insurance would cover it. If I lost it, I'd definitely buy another one. I love everything about this guitarm especially that it's Australian made. My favourite feature would be the satin finish, as unlike the gloss finishes, it doesnt't restrict resonance in the body. I wish it came with a hardcase automatically, instead of having to haggle it out of a salesperson, but that's not a big deal. I compared it with a OMC16WE (which I bought later on) and an Epiphone Masterbilt, and this was my favourite by far. It was perfect for my needs, and had the best pricetag over the other two.

This guitar has withstood Live playing, and being dumped (in a case, of course) in the boot of my friends car after gigs. I would never use any guitar without a backup, but because this guitar is such good value, I use my Taylor as a backup. Even when I sit there playing chords all day, thie finish hasn't worn off. However, the binding on my friends EM225 (without the cutaway) has darkened when it has been in contact with his trouser, so near the lower curve. This hasn't happened to me, but I keep expecting it too. maybe it was a one-off finish fault. This guitar is a hardcore gig guitar, built like a brick shithouse. the strap buttons haven't looked like dropping a strap yet.

Everything was perfect to a T. The action is perfect, the tuners were rock solid, the saddle and nut were fit and glued perfectly, the finish was flawless, the Elixir strings were not rusted in the sightest, the preamp was fit right anything you can name about this guitar, it was perfect. Maton has lived up to its standard of perfection once again.

The EM225C has a solid Sitka Spruce top, Queensland Maple back, sides, and neck, rosed wood finerboard and bridge, Grover tuners, an AP4 preamp with volume, tone, bass, and midrange (I think) and a cutaway. All M225 models have a satin natural finish. Comes with Elixir strings.

Purnin
    It's a beautiful guitar, I plan on getting one sometime next year.
    smokin_joe
    abdul.baroudi wrote: Hi, could you please tell me how you got this guitar so cheap, i havent seen it less than 1500 thanks. abdul.baroudi@gmail.com
    Its easy to get guitars cheap. You pay in cash, but only bring the money you want to pay. tell them that youve only got that much, and when they say they can't do it, just walk out. Garaunteed, they'll call you back and give it to you cheap.