EM225C review by Maton

Maton: EM225C

Purchased from: kosmic

I play a range of styles including classical, acoustic, rock and metal. Obviously I used my Maton to play acoustic stuff but I also use it to play a bit of soft and classical rock and sometimes a bit of classical which sounds cool, but metal would just abuse the guitar. I don't really use and amp with the guitar but I have used a Marshall AVT275 with it which has acoustic sim on it. It is quite a noisy guitar which has it's benefits, especially if I were to use it on stage.

It is a guitar which looks and sounds like it was made for anything. It came with a full 2year warranty so if something does go wrong it's backed up. If it was stolen I would definately buy the same guitar. As well as being a great sounding guitar it is also a very beautiful guitar. I compared this guitar with acoustic guitar there, and this was best overall for sound, quality and price. It was the best guitar in my range but the gibsons and taylors were better. I mainly compared it to a Yamaha and Seagull. The Yamaha was fairly ugly and the Seagull didn't sound as good as the Maton. There's nothing I wish it had, it has everything you could want in an acoustic (if you don't want inbuilt pickup).

I think this guitar would definately withstand playing Live and I wouldn't doubt it. The hardware seems like it will last aslong as the guitar. I would recommend going to a gig without a backup as I think it's a strong reliable guitar. It doesnt't have finish so it's natural whcih looks and feels really good, only problem with taht is that it scratches easily.

The action is perfect, it's not to low and it's not to high. It's high enough to play a lot of rythm and chords but it's also low enough to use for solos. I haven't yet found anything wrong with this guitar, it's really value for your money. The only thing wrong with the finish of the guitar is that it scratches easy and because it's natural I wouldn't recommend putting any anti-scratch substances on it.

My Maton EM225 is the most recent and was made in Australia. Has 21 frets on rosewood neck. It has solid top and feels beautiful. it has a natural finish whcih makes it look and feel more uniqie. It doesn't have a build in pickup which I think is good and makes it look like a proper acoustic. However if you want to play through and amp Dean Markley acoustic guitar pickups are only about AU$120, I bought one with it.

kenny16
    Its easy to get guitars cheap. You pay in cash, but only bring the money you want to pay. tell them that youve only got that much, and when they say they can't do it, just walk out. Garaunteed, they'll call you back and give it to you cheap.
    i think so too, the more expensive it is the easier you should get it cheaper
    nickywhack
    rafrank wrote: Are these prices in US dollars or Aussie Dollars??
    agreed... US or Aussie?