EM225C review by Maton

Maton: EM225C

This guitar sounds beautiful. Prior to buying this guitar I spent a lot of time playing a variety of different guitars, and Maton was definately up there. Compared to the Cole Clark, the Maton is warmer whilst still being bright. I found the Cole Clark to be too tinny. It's adequately loud when unplugged, but I have not had too much experience with it plugged in.

I've been playing guitar for around 6 years, mostly rock music (ranging from pop to metal) and the Maton suits it all. It can shimmer in soft beauty and chug in hardcore glory. At the store I played the EM225C alongside the EM325C and several much more expensive guitars, and definately could not feel the $300-$2000 difference. The EM225C is great value, and beautiful. If you plan to gig often or play through an amp, a EM325C might be a good choice for the extra EQ capabilites (or a Cole Clark for the facebrace pick up). I would definately buy Maton again.

I've yet to gig with this guitar, but I feel confident in it's ability to withstand gigging. Like I said earlier, everything feels tight and well put together. And I doubt anyone that buys this guitar would end up testing it's durability - it's far too beautiful to even risk damaging. (I only take it out of it's case to play)

This guitar was set up perfectly. Every part of this guitar has been paid attention to, and it shows. Everything feels tight, solid and well crafted. The action is excellent - and feels like butter to play. I've yet to find a guitar that parallels it's feel.

Made in 2008, in Australia. Solid top, laminated back and sides. The AP4 (which is a peizo) pick up allows you to alter bass, treble and mids as well as volume. Has a satin finish - which I liked in particular. The tuning pegs are excellent: smooth to turn and holds tune excellently. And the guitar smells like beautiful wood, which is nice. Most of the features of this guitar can be found online and in the other reviews, so I won't waste time on it.

TheJuicyDangler
    Got mine for $1150AU inc Maton hardcase @ billy hydes. Pretty happy with it so far, but time will tell
    Just2Rusty
    I got mine + Maton hardcase for $990 AU
    HOW?!?! - And from where??! Holy shit man, you're lucky.