MD100S12 review by Mitchell

Mitchell: MD100S12

Yes, (I play mostly everything) the variation of the same model is very drastic, I bought two and they sound completely different, but nice sounding. But has a deep solid tone with decent sustain. I play mostly everything and it holds up to it all I cannot rave how much I enjoy playing this guitar and have no issues leaving the Gibson or Taylor in their cases it was designed in California and they know good sound quality (if you're a Fender fan).

I own a total of 9 guitars, in my acoustic section this is one of my favorites! If Guitar Center runs another sale like that, I will buy many many more, they are very underpriced (usually 250) and sound better than most fenders and yamahas I have played. This guitar honestly is more bang than you'd imagine, the only thing I changed about it was I added a wireless acousitc pickup, and new strings (the factory ones are just the same as any factory acoustic strings).

The guitar was bought as a studio songwriting version of a Gibson acoustic. And has appeared on stage and blew my mind that it worked so well! The strap stays secure through a Live set without any worries. I don't need a backup when using this guitar, I've had it almost a year without a single potential issue. The bridge, nut and hardware are 100% solid. I think I will be strumming this guitar for years.

Very nice action out of the box. The guitar was and still is in amazing condition. The finish looks a little cheap upon severly close inspection (I.e. Extra "ivory" on the trim, and such) The nut is solid along with all of the fret wires, the neck may take a little getting used to but once you fit your hand to it, it feels like an old baseball glove, just perfectly worn in and wrapped for you.

The guitar was crafted in China. 20 Jumbo frets, not sure of what wood it is, it never came with any paperwork or anything, but it has a string thru bridge style and generic locking tuners. Easily tunes without nut-snag or pinching. It holds it's tune for a decent amount of time, I can play 5 songs (3 capo/1 open/1 with heavy bending) and not be a fraction out of tune!