B20 review by Norman

Norman: B20

Purchased from: 4

Was going to buy the B20 HG but couldn't get over how much better this non-gloss finish sounded. I have to admit that the Cedar B18 guitars have a more complete/full sound but from experience spruce just somehow always managers to age beautifully. The B20 offers a very crisp, bright sound however the bass sound shatters slightly when pounding rock song. Finger pickers on a budget will love this guitar. Initially I did not want a guitar with pickups but I bought this one because it had a beautiful flamed neck. The Fishman Classic 4 pickups are low end, and man do they look cheap yet I was trilled when I plugged it in, it sound fantastic. This guitar can measure up to guitars 3 times its price and I am really happy with it.

I play a variety of music on this instrument, but if you are into country this a great guitar to own. I have been playing for more than 10 years now. When I was shopping for this guitar I played a variety of guitar at all prices. But after you play $7000 Taylor everything in your budget sounds like crap. So finding the Normans was a joy.

I had to adjust the trusrod slightly and there a minor imperfections but besides that am very happy with the overall workmanship. Just remember that it only cost $500 with pickups so dont go comparing it to breedloves or martins.

The B20 is the foundation of all the Norman guitars. The solid spruce top and lacquer finish alone distinguish this guitar. The three-layer laminate of cherry wood used in the back and sides of the B20 produces a tone that sounds warmer than maple but brighter than a mahogany guitar. The B20's tone works beautifully for recording and blends nicely when amplified on stage.