1619 Custom Legend review by Ovation

Ovation: 1619 Custom Legend

I play mostly oldoes 60's 70's stuff, has very rich and full sound. I have no dislikes.

I've compared it to many guitars. Most recently a really nice Alvarez and she held her keep.

For being as old as this guitar is it still looks brand new even though played a lot. I could depend on this guitar for anything, just need new electronics.

From talking to my dad no flaws... perfect.

My dad bought this guitar in 1979. This is truly a beautiful guitar with the sunburst finish. 20 fret. The electronics are pretty old, they just stopped working last week so I am going to get new set put in their if possible. The fretboard is great, it is relativly skinny up top and everything is soo easy to hit on this queen. It is a deep bowl, plastic. This guitar produces a great sound, in my view the best sound of any guitar I have ever heard. There is no pick guard, there is only a few very minor only noticible if you are trying to find em scratches. This guitar has gained value my dad bought it in 1979 for $800 now its worth around $2000.

Jusamies
    PingIsland
    $800 bucks in 1979? wow. Thats a beautiful guitar, you're lucky to inherit it.
    locorogue
    Jusamies wrote: A little comma-f*****g: The bowl isn't plastic, its called lyrachord and is a type of composite mixture. Sorry, but I always find it insulting to hear Ovations called "plastic".
    right on, it's either they've never touched an Ovation, or if they did it was prob a super shallow, either way itgets old. And don't give an Ovation a 10, the ignorant anti-Ovation trolls swarm your reviews...sad