1777LX Legend review by Ovation

Ovation: 1777LX Legend

Purchased from: 5

Wonderful full sound. The Ovation sounds good on its own and good when its plugged in. The thing I like most about it's sound is that unlike a lot of electro-acoustics like a Takamine, it never sounds at all 'tinny'.

In my opinion this is the ultimate elctro-acoustic in the world. Don't even look at others because as soon as you hear this you will find every other disappointing!

I have been unable to find any flaws and the body is still in perfect condition despite is being 20 years old!

Quick, balanced response. Clean sustained projection. The Legend is traditional only in its appearance. The Lyrachord composite body allows us to do away with the sound-absorbent body bracing that inhibits even the highest quality flatback guitars. Plug it in and you'll find that its acoustic "beefiness" is accentuated by its highly sensitive OP-24+C preamp. More sound. Less work. Set after set. Night after night.

PengchauSong
    I was lucky enough to get hold of one of these last year, and it changed EVERYTHING for me! The sound is so rich and balanced, I can't stop playing it. My playing has improved hugely as a result. I agree with kingale (above), every other electro-acoustic I've tried/owned/heard is a disappointment when compared to this particular Ovation. It feels so comfortable (like it's part of me) to play, and it's also beautiful to look at (I always feel quite 'proud' when I take her out of her case, and people gasp with admiration). My opinion? I looooove this guitar!