1778T Elite review by Ovation

Ovation: 1778T Elite

The sound of this guitar is nothing south of absolutely amazing. It sounds excellent when playing any style of music. The 11-hole-epulet-on-the-bass-side obviusly boosts the bass, but sacrifices nothing in the higher frequencies. The sound resonates through the body very well and the sustain is great too.

I play lots of styles of music. I mainly play metal, but I greatly enjoy to pick up the acoustic and play something softer. Or just as hard. This guitar is suited for a wide variety of styles, and you wont see any disatisfaction when using it in any of them. I've considered many acoustics, from Fender to Martin, but when I saw this, read it's reviews, and picked it up and played it at the store, I had found my soul mate. So if you're lookin for a very good quality guitar (not a beginners guitar), then get this guitar!

This guitar so far seems incredibly durable. Everything on it is of great quality and well built, from the body to the preamp to the straplocks. Nothing is cheap plastic or metal. The preamp is plastic, but it's thick plastic and doesnt't seem like it would crack even if you threw it against a brick wall (yes, it's removable without any wires. Isn't that great). The tuners are of good quality and aren't cheap generic tuners like some companies slap on their guitars. The finish is solid and probably wont even start to scratch off for a very long time. The neck is on the heavy side, which means it's solid all the way through. The fingerboard is made of ebony (my personal favorite), and the frets are put on very carefully. I've held too many guitars that seem like even the frets are about to fall off. That's not the case in any aspect of this guitar what'soever.

The factory setup is perfect. No flaws what'soever. Everything was adjusted correctly and precisely. And being a USA made Ovation, that is definately expected. Now if you ever look at one of these and think "no, that can't be a wood body!" Wrong! That's what me and everyone else Who was with me when I looked at this guitar thought. But no. It's grade-AA wood, and they did a very good job of picking out the best.

The features on and around this guitar are very abundant! It comes with a very good quality built in tuner in the preamp. The preamp itself is of very good quality, being Ovation's OP-PRO. The case that comes with it is great too. It's built very well and seems to be able to withstand a lot of punishment, and comes with a lock and key to keep the instrument safer. The strings that come on the guitar are of great quality too. I'll have to look into what strings they use.

stepchildusmc
    i agree whoeheartedly ! i got one on ebay for next to nothing (my first ovation) im so enthralled with the quality and sound of this guitar that i've since added another (1778t-rft... cool red flame top!)also got a 2078lx and a 2778ax. i dont even remember where i put my taylor 410ce.... if anyone finds it they can have it. cant understand now why anyone would pay 3 or 4 times the price for something thats not as nice sounding as the ovations