AE48 Applause review by Ovation

Ovation: AE48 Applause

Purchased from: eBay

Incredible! Sounds very rich and full, like a much more expensive guitar. A bit of fret buzz on the a, but that just took a little getting used to. Sounds great with everything from Jack Johnson to Metallica. Excellent!

For 180, you can't go wrong. However, I got mine off Ebay, you should expect to pay 300 for it from Guitar Center, etc. I would pay 300 for it, maybe even more. If it were stolen (like it will get out of my sight), I would replace it in a heartbeat. Just as good as the Ovation Celebrity. It's a buy. Go out and buy it now. You won't regret it.

The guitar is solid, I would trust it anywhere, anytime. Surprisingly durable. The finish is gorgeous, and will undoubtedly last.

The guitar had "standard action," which was a little low at first, but after I got used to it it was perfect. Its made as well as an Ovation. It is very easy to play, and feels like an electric. The super shallow bowl is not only loud and rich, but also very easy to play with. This guitar can't get much better for 180.

2004 or 5 Applause AE48 acoustic electric, made in China. 23 frets for the high E, mohagany neck, cutaway. It had 15 small holes instead of big ones. The preamp is a little skimpy, just tone and gain, but that's not why I bought it. I already have 2 electrics. Very, very nice for the price.

DavyH
    It's not a top of the range Ovation and the intonation on the 6th (of mine, at least) is fractionally off, but not worth shaving the bridge for. A real pleasure to play, action not too heavy and a good overall sound, although like everything Ovation it benefits from amplification. You could do a lot worse for the money.
    nirvanarules888
    great guitar, great sound I play a lot on mine but I hate plastic backs I have had several issues with them seperating from the wood top will be getting an all wood one next.