Applause AE128 review by Ovation

Ovation: Applause AE128

Price paid: C$ 298

Purchased from: ebay

This guitar has an amazing sound, it projects like crazy since it has the Ovation bowl on the back. Whether its country or some acoustic Nirvana, or hell plug it in and crank the gain up full and you can have a little rock sound to it, which I was really surprised with. The guitar I would say has a pretty full sound and can get your lows and highs pretty well. And for the price, you really can't go wrong.

Most of the time I play soft rock up to heavy metal, obviously I'm not gonna be using this to play metal or anything, but any acoustic song I would definitely recommend this guitar. I've been playing guitar and bass for almost 5 years now and I have never come across a guitar as good as this one, I even like the sound of it better than other Ovation guitars. If it were to be stolen or lost I would definitely buy another one. I love everything about this guitar. The only thing I wish I had was That hardcase. The 8317-0 Foam Core Case.

I believe this guitar will definitely last the test of time, all Ovation made products probably will, my grandfather has one from 79 in near perfect condition and he's been playing shows for ever. I would say if there would be something that would have to be changed throughout time it would maybe be the preamp, it just doesn't seem it would last for ever. The strap buttons are completely solid, but I would suggest inventing in a hard case just to be on the safe side. They have an extremely lightweight hard case that is made to have the appearance and pouches of a soft case. It is the 8317-0 Foam Core Case. The finish does not seem like it would wear off at all. It seems like a pretty solid color and isn't thin.

The factory set-up was nearly perfect. I haven't changed a single thing on my guitar yet, the low action is perfect for me. The only thing I would change is the strings because they feel kind of cheap to me. But that's my opinion, other people have tried it and like the strings.

I would just like to start off by saying I love this guitar. I don't know when it was made but I bought it new not to long ago. It was made in China. It has 20 frets with a scale length of 25 1/4 inch and a spruce top. It is a cutaway with a super shallow bowl which gives it a similar feel to an electric. Mine has a beautiful Ruby Red finish. This guitar IS an acoustic/electric guitar, the preamp has a gain nob and a 3 controls for bass/mid/treble.

Rosco3000
    He would be 'biased much' if he gave a $5000 guitar straight 10's based on the price..And sorry, but that's total BS lol. Money doesn't dictate LOGIC.
    gwalt44
    It's funny how some people invest in inventing ways of disparaging others spelling or grammar.
    sake13211
    rob904 wrote: but I would suggest inventing in a hard case just to be on the safe side.pretty sure hard cases have already been invented
    investing**.. This was my first review, i know their are definitely better guitars out there so i should have maybe not put all 10's but as far as the applause guitars go and even ovation, i've tried a few different applause and ovation guitars and personally i find this guitar to be more comfortable and have a nicer sound. that's just my opinion, if you think otherwise, by all means.. go out and buy this guitar, play it for a while and submit your own review.
    rob904
    but I would suggest inventing in a hard case just to be on the safe side.
    pretty sure hard cases have already been invented
    Air_Stryker
    I would just like to start off by saying I love this guitar.
    Biased much? If that's the case then no wonder you gave a guitar worth 185 straight tens. Be critical, it's not helpful when you give a guitar like this such high praise when logic dictates a more expensive one will feel better, sound better or last longer. I know that price isn't an indicator of quality. But come on.
    Scott Burright
    It could be a 10 "for what it is," a cheap beater plastic guitar to plug in on stage. Drag it through mud and beer, barf on it, whatever. These things are tough. But yeah, as an actual acoustic guitar that sounds and plays good in the air, these don't even hold up to the Recording King Dirty 30s for the same price. Still OK if you get one where the neck's not out.
    sickassfoo
    no way, the only guitar i ever expect to get straight tens would be chris brodericks new jackson