CC057 Celebrity review by Ovation

Ovation: CC057 Celebrity

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

My band plays and indie rock style fused with Classic Rock, psychedelia, and Radiohead-ish qualities, so this guitar suits the music quite well. I am using it with a Fender FM 212R combo amp and usually no effects except for a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor. Sometimes the feedback is slightly loud when plugged in, but there is no buzzing to be heard, and the guitar is about as versatile as an acoustic can get.

Whether it is for song-writing, sitting around and playing in my room, or plugged in at band practice, this guitar performs extremely well. I can't say much about my dislikes; the action was set up a bit poorly out of the box, but that's an easy fix. Whether you plan to take this with you on the road or plan to buy it for an easy alternative to plugging in your electric guitar, you can't go wrong with the Ovation CC057.

I haven't used this guitar live before (my band isn't the gigging type yet), but at all of our practices it holds up very well. I have no worries about the strap buttons; they have not failed me yet, and although I have only had it since Christmas of 2005, I don't think the finish will wear out anytime soon.

I needed to adjust the action quite a bit until I was able to play completely comfortably, but is wasn't a big deal seeing as they included the truss rod adjusting tool. The finish is a beautiful natural wood grain and is very shiny and masterfully laminated. It contains no flaws that I have noticed.

My Ovation CC057 acoustic-electric guitar was made in 2005. It has 22 frets, a natural finish that is quite beautiful, and it sports a single-cutaway body shape. It has a nice little preamp in it that lets you adjust the EQ, volume, "pre shape," and a couple other options, and includes a convenient, built-in tuner. The features on this guitar are incredible considering it's price.