Celebrity review by Ovation

Ovation: Celebrity

The sound isn't that of a full acoustic. It sounds a little flatter. But that can be a good thing, depending on if you like bright acoustic sounds or want something different. Whatever the case, this fits my style. Basically because I've only been playing upwards of 8 months and am just trying all the styles I can. You can get a variety of sounds just by playing with the treble/bass/mid switches, so I'll assume it fits most styles of acoustic playing. Although it does give major feedback in distortion. But hey, it's hollow right?

I'm experimenting to find my own style of music, but this fits most of the general genres. I've been playing, as I said, for around 8 months. I only own a Squier Strat other than this (sad thing is the Ovation's actually a better electric too). If this guitar were stolen, I'd be p-ssed. I've come to love the sound and the feel. So I'd have to buy a new one. I love the sound, cutaway, and the variety this guitar offers. The only bad thing I can say is that the action is a tad high, and that the strings from the factory are really hard to bend. I compared this to a few other acoustic/electrics, and it stood out the best for its price.

This guitar is durable. I've dropped it and accidentally banged it into walls and such. The hardware doesn't seem like it'll die anytime soon. The strap buttons are solid. I'd use this at a gig without a backup, because it's not faulty. The finish is there to stay, but it fingerprints easy.

The guitar seems well enough. Although the action is pretty high, and the strings are real thick. I couldn't find any flaws aside from that though. Everything seems well enough here.

Made in 2004 in China. 20 frets, thin neck (for an acoustic). I'm not quite sure what it's made of, but it doesn't feel like wood. It has a solid top with a black finish. Has a cutaway body with a bowl back. It has nice electronics built in, you can control gain, treble, bass, and middle. There's also a tuner on it. I bought the hard case with it for about a hundred bucks more.

Aethen
    emo isnt rock its sappy crap if you want real rock than listen to Rush or Black Sabbath I think this is a pretty good guitar though
    KC_Soloman5000
    I agree it does have a semi-weak unplugged sound, but it works perfectly for intimate fingerpicking sessions. As far as the plugged in sound, I run it through a Fender acoustasonic and throw some effects on it and it ROCKS HARD. You can play it through an acoustic amp or electric amp and it will constantly surprise you. It definately has more mids than your typical acoustic which is a plus for me. Good Review though.
    stancan2
    I am see "rust" building on the frets! The frets look as though they are made from steel instead of nickel or silver..Real nice!... Can`t spend a nickel a fret to manufacture?