CS247 Celebrity Deluxe review by Ovation

Ovation: CS247 Celebrity Deluxe

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Suits most styles of music good but sounds especially great for strumming. I use it through a Fender Stage 1000 amp and it sounds great. It has a deep mellow sound somewhat like an electric on the neck pickup when plugged in.

It suits my musical style well and I compared it to other ovations before buying it because I knew I wanted an Ovation. It works good with my Fender Stage 1000 amp which is not an acoustic amp. I compared it to another 2000 dollar Ovation and I like this more. I don't like how the round back slides off you but its not that bad. Overall it's great though.

I can't think of a way I could hurt this guitar it has a platic back which seems indestructable and super hard finish.

The guitar was set up prettu good from the factoy, the action could be lower but it's not bad. The pickup works and sounds great. The pickups will tarnish over time but thats just because they are gold and all gold will over time.

Made in Korea with a carved maple top, 23 frets (teardropped fretboard, it's a mid depth lyrachord bowl with a cutaway), gold Ovation tuners and OP30 preamp (mid level preamp from Ovation but still awesome).

rocketssg
    I just bought this today ( I know I'm 2 years late!) I think this guitar is awesome! It fits nice in the body for sit down on the couch playing! I tried it abit standing up, although not too bad, it is better sitting with this one (for me). I have only been playing for 3 years (every day!) and I added a set of D'Aderrio flat wound 10 guage extra light strings, very sweet now!
    rocketssg
    BTW I got the exact same one as in the picture above, pic doesn't do it justice man! This is a piece of art!
    qtox91
    i bought this guitar about a year ago and im in love. its simply amazing. god would play this guitar. the action is awesome, the pickups could be a smidge better but it has a nice warm sound its durable and this thing stays in tune sooo well. honestly i would have paid twice i what i paid for it. i have bought other acoustics since then, nothing can even compare. i love this guitar
    paradox.rk
    Well, for a long long time I didn't even want to touch Ovation guitars because of a round neck! But one day, I couldn't help it, so I tried one - and I bought it! : I like the sound and tuning, and for a few months I couldn't separate from it! Recently, in the honor to that guitar, I made a short video. The quality of sound and video is not much special, but it's enough - enjoy:
    paradox.rk
    Hey! Check out my new song called Carpe Diem! Both guitar and bass guitar were played on Ovation Clbrty...