CS347 Celebrity review by Ovation

Ovation: CS347 Celebrity

It's has amazing sound. One second w/out an amp I can be playing Earth angel, to I'm your's, then hook it up to an amp no pedals and then turn the gain up and play some A7X! You just have so much variety when it comes to this guitar. AMAZING QUALITY RICH RICH SOUND!

I play all types of music and this guitar is just amazing for it, I've been playing for aolmost 3 years now and I own 2 other fenders and an Ibanez, The hollow back is annoying at times but it gives it that extra umph! thats worht it. I would probably jump off a bridge if it were stolen, I love the Ovation style and feel. Favorite feature is the on board tuner that allows you to change the tuning and the sound. The only thing that could make this guitar ANY better is if Jesus himself played it ^_^

I've dropped a Fender strat on it a few times, strap buttons could be bigger but it's not prob, I have used it in live gigs, the fiberglass over the slick resin keeps it from wear, only downside is that it has no pick guard and this makes it get finger prints were I pick.

Neck dosen't bend, has a block of wood with a smaller hole for better amplification. Bridge needed no work, no pickups only a block of wood, strings are perfect for the bridge and sound amazing only flaw is that everyone can't own one. I love this guitar so freaking much! its amazing!

2010, mexico, 20 frets, it has a fiberglass casing with a resin looking inside, neck maple bosy is mahogany, transparent red, devil tooth body, active electronics, volume, gain, tremelo, rythm, nonlocking Ovation tuners, bought a s.i.k case for 150, worth it! ^-^

locorogue
    locorogue
    locorogue wrote: I scored this guitar maybe 1 month ago, i may do a full review. Suffice to say i'm impressed yet again with another Ovation, particularly the models with the bass side soundholes. Aside from some fretwork that needed to be done, this guitar would score another 10 from me(it will get a 9+). It would compare to my Elite DS778TX review as far as the sound goes, though the DS has more sustain. I would also say that the OP-30 preamp is stellar, i've actually been trying to score either the OP-40 or 50 because the 30 has impressed me so much. It's obviously a beautiful guitar, and i think anyone would be happy with this baby...well maybe not the Ovation haters(obviously, lol)
    Update: well after playing the CC347(BCQM) constantly, i've realized that this is easily the best sounding Ovation i've tried. That being said, i bought the CS-347 KOA, and have to say the the BCQM sounds better than the KOA, fuller, richer, everything. To me the Ovations with the Quintad bracing smoke the other Ovations with the more standard bracings. I noticed as well that most if not all their high end guitars($5k+) have Quintad bracing, have yet to try any of the Adamas, etc., yet.