CS347 Celebrity review by Ovation

Ovation: CS347 Celebrity

Purchased from: ebay

This guitar suits my style almost perfectly, finger picking 1st, percussive 2nd, flat picking 3rd, etc. It's not as deep as the 2078TX, yet is still very full. I run the guitar through a Boss GT-10, to a Boss RC-300, I run two amps(Randall RG200, and a Randall W-Max), stereo with BBE Sonic Stomps (sonic maximizers). This guitar is poetry, the sound is rich & full bodied, yet the mids and highs Shine bright, amazing resonation (curiously long), well balanced sound all around. This guitar can handle the softest of my style, yet handle the hardest(percussive, tapping), on that note, this is not as bright tapping as say the CC29(prob cause the soundhole placement, but plugged in is no issue). The sound is consistent even drop tuned, etc. I recently bought the CS347KOA and I would give the KOA a 9, and to me the BCQM smokes the KOA also, so that's the reason for the 10. It's perhaps the KOA to the maple I'm sure, but wow, the BCQM is much better sounding overall to me. The OP30 preamp is stellar, I just wish Ovation would make all the preamp housings the same, so the OP30 would fit into the OP-PRO, etc, or the 'Idea' fit into the OP30 sleeve.

The more I learn the guitar, the more I appreciate, because I get to play more and more guitars, and am able to form better opinions. I would love to play an Adamas to compare this guitar, of course all the Adamas' are deep body, but just to hear the overall sound. I think the CS347 is a gorgeous sounding guitar, easily the best Ovation I've played to date (though the CC44 is right there with this one). I will have to update my other reviews in light of this review, on that note, I don't think I'll buy another Ovation unless it has the Quintad bracing, amazing sound.

This guitar would easily stand up to gigging. I don't have Faith in the tuners(overkill, sorry). This guitar would easily be a great solo guitar, like I said above the sound doesn't deviate when drop tuned etc, but I always have several guitars live anyway.

Action needed surgery, I had to do some extensive fretwork, leveling, re-crowning, etc. And the tuners are weak. Other than that, all is good. But my CS347KOA is perfect, so who knows, I'm sure most, if not darn near all the BCQM's are fine, or maybe I'm too picky, lol.

The features are as described in the other reviews, I am reviewing the same guitar as the previous reviewers. - Top: Quilted Maple - Bracing: Modified Quintad - Scale Length: 25 1/4" - Fretboard : Bound Rosewood - Fret Inlay: Dots/Diamonds - Bridge: Walnut - Rosette: 5-Piece Hardwood Epaulet - Pickup: Ovation Slimline - Nutwidth: 1 11/16" - Machines: Gold Ovation