CU147 Pinnacle review by Ovation

Ovation: CU147 Pinnacle

Purchased from: Long and MacQuade

Unplugged, the guitar sounds great, but is nowhere comparable to a Martin or a Taylor. I enjoy the sound unplugged, and if I was recording, I would try to mic it as a normal acoustic. It has a deep tone, not too bright but not to muddy. Plugged in, the guitar sounds even better. I'm in the process of getting an acoustic amp. A regular electric guitar amp works, but does not to justice to its sound.

This acoustic can, generally, play lots of styles, save true flamenco/classical. If it were stolen, I don't know what I would do, because I cant afford another one! But it is great and I am extremely happy with it.

This guitar can handle gigging. It holds it tune very well, and with the onboard tuner, gigging has never been easier. Strap buttons are solid and in tight. The finish should last alot of playing, even though there is no pick guard on this guitar.

The finish is great on this guitar, no blemishes/flaws whatsoever. No loose hardware, electrical problems, or poor quality woods. It was set up in the factory, and while it was a good job, the action was too high for my tastes. I got it set up again by Long and Mac, and it came back amazing. I love the feel of Ovation guitar's necks, which is one of the reasons I bought this particular guitar.

This is a 2005 Ovation Pinnacle CU147 steel string acoustic guitar. Like all Ovations, this guitar is designed to be plugged in. It features an under-the-bridge pickup and an Ovation onboard pre-amp, with a tuner, 3-band EQ, and pre-shape and mid-shift controls. It is a single cutaway guitar with a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. The back of the guitar is lynacord, and rounded (mid-depth) like all Ovations. The top is AA sitka spruce. There are abalone inlays and an abalone circle around the sound hole. It has a brown-ish burst finish. It is a Korean made guitar, but it uses American made parts.

bJoelFan13
    i love this guitar but mine is completely shot when it comes to electric...that part of its broken...it sounds so good unplugged that i really dont care anymore.