HW41-201 Review

manufacturer: Pluto date: 09/21/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Pluto: HW41-201
 8.6
 9.4
 12,868
review (1) pictures (3) 2 comments vote for this gear:
HW41-201 Reviewed by: lithium17z, on september 21, 2012

Purchased from: Online

Features: This guitar is made in 2012 in China, it has 22 jumbo frets. Pluto jumbo acoustic guitar has the following features: - 3-piece rosewood back - Rosewood sides - Dreadnought body - Solid Sitka spruce top - Black and white rosette - 22-fret Rosewood fingerboard - White binding on fretboard and body // 9

Sound: This guitar is light and easy to carry & it suits my acoustic rhythm playing as well as that lead. I'm not using any amp or speaker for this guitar. No matter how loud I play it doesn't create any extra unwanted noise. It is a Acoustic guitar so you can do pretty much everything you can do with any other good quality professional guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Pluto HW41-201 jumbo acoustic guitar is simply amazing. Pluto is the newest brand of imported acoustic guitars, and is brought by MDC (Music Distribution Company). Pluto guitars combine a visually striking 3-piece back design with many classic dreadnought features. Tonally, the rosewood back produces a strong bass, making it ideal for rhythm playing. The top is constructed of solid Sitka spruce and braced with scalloped 1/4" high-performance braces to deliver big, open tones. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand live playing with some few adjustment like getting a acoustic pic-up or mic for live performance. The hardware seems very strong and light it'll definitely last long. Strap buttons are solid, and I can surely depend on it & use it on a gig without any backup but I would like to keep spare string for backup for sure. The finish is glossy and looks very nice. I've been playing for last 6 months but it still looks new. // 9

Overall Impression: I use this guitar for rock and country also for pop rhythm purpose. This is a good professional quality guitar. I wrote lots of song with this guitar. I've been playing for 4 years and I own Jackson Dinky JS22R electric guitar, Zoom G3 processor, Casio WK3800 keyboard. I did all the researching before I bought this guitar. If this guitar get stolen or lost I'll buy this again because it is such a good looking classy guitar. I like it because it is handy and very good sounding instrument. All I hate about is that I want 24 fret and a cut way. I would like to have this guitar as electro-acoustic. // 8

More Pluto reviews rating category latest review
+ ST-1 7.9 Electric Guitars 06/07/2012