Herringbone review by Rogue

Rogue: Herringbone

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

For being a relatively low-budget 12-string acoustic guitar, I was really impressed with the sound it produces. I play mainly rock music, but having an acoustic guitar around is never a bad idea. I decided I wanted to add a 12-string to my collection and didn't want to break the bank. The guitar has a very full sound and no dead spots at all on the neck, plus it came with a set of Martin strings.

I play mainly rock and metal music, but I like to jam acoustically as well. I'm also a student, so buying low-budget gear is a must and this guitar is well worth the money. If this guitar were stolen, I would definitely buy another one. For the price of this guitar, you cannot find better quality. I have no complaints about this guitar. Two of my friends have 12-string acoustic guitars (one a Fender, one an Ibanez) that they spent three times as much on, and this guitar sounds just as good if not better. I only wish this guitar was an acoustic-electric.

This guitar seems very rugged for an acoustic guitar. However, it is not an acoustic-electric guitar so I don't think I would ever use it Live. Only one strap button, so a tying strap is required. Like I said above, the finish on this guitar is flawless. This does not look like a $130 guitar.

This guitar came with a perfect set-up from the factory. Most 12-string acoustic guitars have a really high action that needs to be adjusted but this one did not have that problem at all. The finish on the guitar is flawless as well. The accented binding adds a nice touch.

Not sure of what year this particular acoustic guitar was made, but I bought it Brand New last week. I know it was made in China. It has 20 frets. This guitar has a Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, dovetail neck joint, scalloped bracing, rosewood fretboard, die-cast tuners, as well as herringbone binding and rosette. I spent the extra $30 and bought the black finish, but Musician's Friend offers the natural finish for $99USD. No accessories were included with the guitar.

funkylebafin
    cool review,thanks alot....however had u said the word "guitar" just one more time i would have had to shoot myself peace to the world
    EllttEll
    funkylebafin : cool review,thanks alot....however had u said the word "guitar" just one more time i would have had to shoot myself
    haha kudos....i would get one if i had money
    Wulver
    Huh....always wanted a 12 string. Or, at least, I've wanted one ever since I first played around with a mandolin. Those extra strings really make a difference..... need to check out this one a little further, methinks.
    what_the_bleep?
    Well, while I personally have never tried out this guitar, it should be noted that Rogue is the Musiciansfriend.com base brand...they are made to be super affordable, sometimes to the point of absurdity, since they are supplying directly to the consumer and not through another company like Gibson, Fender, etc. I know this, because I have one of their amps (which is a piece of trash, but was well within my budget). Having said that, if the reviewer really thought that this was such a great guitar, especially compared to an Ibanez and a Fender 12 string, then good on him/her. Glad it worked out.