Herringbone review by Rogue

Rogue: Herringbone

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar sounds very good for being less than $100, even the non-b-stock guitars are only a bit over $100. I usually play rock and metal, but it is nice to play acoustic now and then. Very easy guitar to play and is perfect for a person Who is looking to learn on a 12-string but doesn't want to break the bank.

I play rock and metal music, but it's nice to have a 12-string for parties, etc. I've been playing guitar for a few years now and this is my first 12-string, 2nd acoustic guitar. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy another one, especially if I got another deal on one. However, I would also consider getting an acoustic-electric 12-string, it would make it easier to play live and amplify.

I don't know how this guitar will play Live, especially since it's not an acoustic-electric. But it does play nice for the price and seems reliable enough for being an entry-level 12-string. The one strap button is solid, I use a strap that goes under the strings on the headstock since it only has one strap button. The finish seems like it will last, the imperfection on the back hasn't gotten any worse.

This guitar was setup really well from the factory. It's only flaw was an imperfection on the back of the guitar, which is why I got it so cheap. No big deal, especially when I'm the only one Who sees it. One of the tuning pegs is kind of noisy, but it just needed a shot of lubrication. Finish looks nice and seems like it will last awhile.

I picked this 12-string guitar up as a B-stock from Musician's Friend a little over a year ago. It has a sitka top with mahogany back and sides. The fretboard is made of rosewood and it has a very tasteful Herringbone binding. It is offered in the natural and black finish; I got the black one. It is an acoustic guitar, not an acoustic-electric.

kevinpaul
    I will take a look. I had a Rogue Mandolin and sent it back the neck was way off and no rod.