RA-100D review by Rogue

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Rogue: RA-100D

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

The sound is very nice for such a cheep guitar. Notes ring out fully and it has a warm characteristic. You can play anything on this and it wont sound bad, not the best, but as good or better than some more expensive guitars(200-$300). It is the perfect guitar to throw in your car and take with out worries.

This is a great first guitar or budget acoustic. You can throw it around and if it breaks no big deal. I've been playing for 16+ yrs and you can find a much better acoustic, but not for this price. I am happy with my purchace and would most likely buy it again given the reasons.

I play this at home and at friends houses. If your gonna play Acoustic live I'd get a better guitar, but for the beginner or budget minded this is a steal(especialy as the guitar/mandolin package) I originalybought it because I have sold off all my acoustics(I play electric) and wanted a Acoustic to have at home(It's kind of hard playing a half stack with 3 kids and a wife in the house. I would recomend this to any one that just wants an Acoustic that plays and sound pretty good for cheap.

Action is Ok, there is a litte fret buzz but nothing noticeable normaly. For the price it is great. Paint is not bad, over all I'm very pleased with this beater guitar. It stays in tune increadibly well also. If you set it up it is a much better player, and actualy fun to play. Now if your a snob then you will pick it apart, but if your a player it works quite well.

I don't have a clue what year this was made probably '09. This is a cheap guitar, but for the price I couldn't pass it up(came with a mandolin too for $90!!). Bu it is made fairly well, not great but good enoughfor a throw around guitar. I belive it has a laminated spuce top, not solid spruce, plywood spruce and a nato neck. sealed tuners that actualy work very well.