RM-100F F-Style Mandolin review by Rogue

Rogue: RM-100F F-Style Mandolin

The style of music I play is everything from bluegrass to country, Rem to Led Zeppelin, and all styles in between. Sound...Loud, clean and crisp. So if you enjoy playing an insturmernt with an "ultra-brite" sound to it, well then, this the RM 100F is well suited for the job.

The style of music I play, like most people, is forever changing.And the RM 100F seems to keep up with me quite well. I've been playing mandolin for almost two years now, and I love it. If my Rogue were to become lost or stolen, I would replace with the exact sane one immediately. To compare it to the "E" style mandolins, the both play the same, but in my opinion, the "F" style has much more cooler lines. Rock-on!

Durability...The overall quality of the hardware and the finish is superb, with proper care, I can see this mandolin lasting for a long time to come. Reliability...The RM 100F is truely a dependable instrument, I have no reason to bring a backup with me when I go out to jam. Oh yeah, the strap button is solid, very solid.

Other than the mandolin being strung, there was absolutely NO factory "set-up" at all. I tried to set it up myself, but failed miserably. So I had to take it to a violin shoppe, they charged me $35.00, but the guy did a reel good job. It plays GREAT! As for flaws...none that I've noticed.

I know that a mandolin is not a guitar, true. But this Rogue RM 100F F-Style mandolin is definately worth writing about. The one that I own was made in China, in 2007. It has 29 frets on an extended ebony fingerboard. With a beautifully constructed solid spruce top complete with elongated "F" holes. The sides and back,are made up of maple. The gradation of the sunburst finish is sensational. It boasts of non-locking nickle tuners, "mother of pearl" inlay on the headstock, and a "floating" bridge. Acompaning this mandolin was a well crafted Rouge Durafaom case, strap, songbook and owners manual.

Wojtus
    Wojtus wrote: great
    i mean, great review and seems like thats some great instrument. i do feel like buying something weird to play on, maybe i'll pick one of these
    GuitarPlayer716
    I dont think I will ever buy a mandolin. If I do, though, it will be the one by Gibson that looks like an explorer
    TGFMusic
    I've got the RM-100A A-Style, i only got it because it was SO SO cheap, i figured it'd sound like crap, but when I got it i put new d'addario strings on and it sounded amazing. I've had the Rogue RADM acoustic for over a year now and I'm amazed with there products for how cheap they are. Though the mandolin does need better tuners...it still works and sounds great.
    Kurt1964
    Re:TGF Music: Yeah, you're right about the tuners, there good, but not great (they "stick" a little). Guess I should have added more detail. Huh?
    Willie Chains
    nice review. informative and to the point. i have long considered the rogue mandolin based on its price as an entry level instrument.
    Willie Chains
    sorry bout that. after some research, i have realized that this mandolin would not be entry level , but most likely for the intermediate player, imo.