D-1 review by Samick

Samick: D-1

Purchased from: Kenmore Music

It's a true a sound as I've seen, being a beginner. It plays well and sounds good to my ear.

For the acoustic music I've been able to play, I find it to be an excellent insturment for the price.

After 6 weeks, I could not be anymore pleased.

Finish on this product is excellent. There were many color choices but I got the burnt orange and it's sharp. I thought at first the feel was stiff, but after getting the break in period started both my fingers and the guitar have matured together.

It's a beautiful starter guitar. I've been working with it for about 6 weeks and it feels better everytime I pick it up. The price was right and the color is great.

Lightship
    I know this is an old thread but I had to add something about the Samick D1... A few weekends ago I was at the music store playing every guitar they had to get the feel of what brand/model of guitar had good tone/price/playability... I'm just starting back into playing after raising the hellions. So I pick up the Samick after playing $200 to $600 models and I felt the sound was better than most and about equal to a couple. I look at the price... $125, and can't believe it... I bought it... I also bought a second one off of ebay for my second residence... I know it's just a plywood student guitar, but the sound is so well rounded, and the construction and features are also there... grover tuners, abalone rosette, etc... Great protective finish that doesn't seem to diminish the tone at all. I also brought one to work to show an actual player, and he wants me to go buy the second one that was still at the shop for his kid. If you see a Samick D-1 and need a mess around guitar or you are learning, you can't go wrong... buy it, or at least try it... don't look at the price first. Recent prices I've seen new on the internet have been about $135 to $160... my local shop had it for $125. One had passable but a little high action, but I read some where that there are shims under the saddle that can be removed to lower the action... I'll try that on my next string change.
    cowmarbles
    I was originally looking for just a plain acoustic but after i saw the beautiful finish on this guitar i knew i wanted it. I played it and although the action was a little high, it sounded great. The electric part, not as much but i never use it unless I'm playing at a coffee shop with a little PA. It's a great reliable acoustic guitar and I'd definitely recommend it.
    Darkshade666
    Im going to buy an acoustic guitar this weekend, and I liked this one, so Im wondering, how much is it ?