D-1 review by Samick

Samick: D-1

Purchased from: Danville Music, Ca

I usually play Christian worship songs or slow songs, which is great because the guitar can give both soft tones and louder ones. I personally think it sounds warmer when you play with your thumb, but picks sound good too. The hardwood definetly produces great sounds. I love the sounds it produces and it fits my style perfectly. I would recommend this guitar to any guitar player that likes to play softer, slower songs like the blues or worship songs. A great contrast to any guitar.

This is a wonderful guitar that hasn't ceased to impress me. I would take it anywhere, as it is durable and lightweight. I am not looking back to the day I bought it with uncertainty at all; I don't regret purchasing this guitar at all. It completely fits my style of play and emitts great, warm tones. This guitar would be a great addition to any collection, and would even be a candidate for your primary acoustic guitar. Wonderful guitar, great purchase. Go buy one for yourself if this style fits YOU.

I can bring this guitar anywhere without a backup. Durable, yet easily dentable is the wood on the body. The strap buttons haven't failed me yet, and haven't let the strap come loose since I got it. It hasn't worn out in its sound or performance since the day I bought it. The finish on the body will probably wear off eventually, but I can guarentee you it will still be playing just fine in three years.

The people that crafted and manufactured this were very competent and thorough, as I did not find any flaws in the body or any other part of the guitar. The finish on it is glossy, so it looks just as good as it sounds. There was one minor problem that did arise, but I fixed it quickly: the tuning peg on the third string was too loose. I had to turn it a lot in order to make a change in the sound. By this I mean that I would turn it and it wouldn't change the pitch until I twisted for awhile.

This guitar was made in Indonesia. It has roughly 20 frets, and has a hardtop body. It has mahogony sides and back. The fretboard is normal, made up of mahogony. Great gloss to it, steel strings that make warm tones. Normal bridge, nut, and tuning knobs. No flaws whatsoever. The store I bought it from gave me a free gig bag with it, since Samick sends out the bags with the guitars. A lighter wood for the body, and overall a very sturdy guitar.