D-1 review by Samick

Samick: D-1

It suits my music style perfectly, I like do play alot of rock songs on it, also alot of green day, (21 guns, wake me up when september ends, good riddance (time of your life) etc.) and I also play some electric songs on it and they sound good. I think it has a perfect sound!

I love this guitar, its my first guitar and its fantastic I recommend it to all. I play all sorts of genres and it works well in each. I've been playing for a year and own an Epiphone special two guitar. IF it was stolen I would buy the same exact one, no questions asked. I wish it had a better strap and that's it.

Yes I believe this guitar would withstand live playing, I played a couple songs outdoors and stuff and it doesnt't go out of tune very much at all like other guitars. Yes the hardware does seem like it will last, the strap buttons are very solid. I would depend on this guitar, maybe not without a back uo just in case but I believe it is reliable. The finish is very good.

I don't know how it was set-up at the factory because it was a gift, I think it was pre-owned, but when I got it it was set up perfect. The strings were on correctly and everything, so I'm sure it was fine. When I got it there was a few minor flaws in the finish but I think it was from the previous owner, not factory. No loose tuners or anything though.

-Made in Indonesia. -twenty frets, thin neck. -laminated top. -I don't know whta kind of wood. -transparent finish. -dont know what body type. -string thru body (I think). -non-locking, I don't know what type of tuners. -sucky strap (need to buy a new one).

Walldude
    I travel between Denver and Nashville constantly. My airline just decided that I couldn't carry my acoustic on the plane anymore so I needed something cheap to keep in Nashville. Grabbed a D1 at a pawn shop for $40. It was the best sounding acoustic they had. And that was comparing to Takimine, Cort, Epiphone and Fender.. Action is good, sound is rich and full, I have 0 complaints. Honestly the guitar surprises me, for a knock around guitar I am really enjoying it. Recommended for beginner or for a player that needs something cheap to knock around on that doesn't sound like a cheap guitar..