ACS Elite Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 11/27/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Schecter: ACS Elite
Beautifully figured maple over a composite oval back sets this gorgeous axe apart from the pack. 25-1/2" scale mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard and diamond inlays. Sports a Diamond piezo bridge pickup with EQ and gold Grover tuners.
 7.9
 8.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
ACS Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 27, 2006

Features: Its a 2003 Japanese model I espose. 20 frets, and a laminated top. Body is a flamed maple and fretboard is mahogany. Dreadnought body style, however, has a cutaway because it's acoustic-electric. Curveball. Fixed bridge with a piezo pickup system. Contains a volume and equalizer setting on the top of the guitar. The back of the guitar has a plastic composite backing which gives it a wonderful bright tone. Covered grover tuners insure a good solid tune that won't slip. // 9

Sound: The Guitar is good for all styles, all around good feel. Works wonderfully for the rock that I play. I use a Crate practice amp. Not the best example I know but I have played through an acoustic amp at the music store. and it gives a rich sound. The problem with the composite back is it gets feedback kinda easily so you will need by a different pickup to cancel it. Good harmonics on the 5, 7, and 12 very crisp and clear. Depending on the gain you can get it on the 3. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Very low action for an acoustic, course, it's made like an Electric like I say. That's not a bad thing though. Bridge and pickups flawless and wonderful setup. My only issue is the noisy pickup, however your getting wonderful quality out of this guitar so the feedback would be something to look over. Especially if you don't plan on playing any gigs anytime soon. // 8

Reliability & Durability: If you got something to cancel your feeback it would play well on stage through an amp. However in this case, most acoustics sound better through a simple microphone and you would get the full, bright tone. Good solid strap buttons the best I've ever had. This guitar would go to every show with me. // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock and this guitar works wonderfully. I have experience of 3 years and this guitar has been with me through thick and thin. I also own a Jackson Dinky and Ibanez GX90 and 2 practice amps. 1 Crate and 1 Gorilla. I hope I'd never lose this masterpiece guitar It would break my heart. I would go back out as soon as I could and go get another one. The only thing I hate is it's lack of frets but it's acoustic, so. Favorite feature is the cutaway for easy access to the lower frets. I compared it to Fender and a Takamine and chose it over those simply for it's accessibility and brilliant sound for it's price. The wonderful thing about Schecter guitars that nobody knows, is that you get Paul Reed Smith quality for half the price. Well worth the money, I encourage you to invest in it today! // 10

Comments