RS-1000 review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Schecter: RS-1000

Purchased from: Guitar Shop

It has no electronics but plays pretty loud for a smaller acoustic. My experience level is: been playing since 1977. The factory strings are quite noisey (very "bright") but not much bottom end on this one. Its an acoustic guitar so I wouldn't expect it to be much of a rocker.

I've owned many high-end guitars ($2k+) and I would say this guitar is pretty decent, right outta the box. I'm very happy with the factory set-up and pleasantly surprised by the loudness of what I'd consider to be a smaller acoustic. I will change the strings straight away because the factory strings are brutal (D'Addarrio's sound/feel much nicer). Its got a no-frills body structure, typical of Chinese guitars... But the fretboard decorations are cool & very 'Robert Smith'. I would definitely recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a mid-grade import. It certainly isn't the nicest guitar I own but as a HUGE Cure fan, its a really fun guitar to have ~ I consider it to be the modern equivalent to my Saun Cassidy lunchbox!

This is a brand new guitar I just unpacked so... Its reliability remains to be seen. Its a basic made in China (kind'a crappy) guitar, but made fun by the fact its a Robert Smith model. No, I would not use it to play live; frankly I would be embarrassed to. Its more of an expensive toy or novelty ~ akin to your favorite childhood pop-star lunchbox.

Factory set-up pretty good. No flaws, however this is definately a no-frills guitar. My only complaint might be, the headstock decorations are positioned a little high-up ~ which is messed-up because one of the good things about Schecter's is they do have a cool headstock shape. It was the first thing I noticed when I opened the package. And the fretboard decorations (which are inlaid m.o.p.) are not particularly smooth.

Purchased new 7/25/12 ~ classic dreadnaught body ~ made in China ~ gloss black finish ~ this guitar has no electronics ~ this guitar has no accessories... This is a no-frills guitar of about medium quality. Its priced correctly, in my opinion.